Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario 128 - Whatever happened to it?

1. Nintendo GameCube Mario 128 - Whatever happened to it?

OK, now that this Generation is pretty much coming to an end, why haven't Nintendo said or done anything about a true Sequel to Mario 64? I remember them clearly announcing the game and since that announcement (I think 2 years ago) we have heard nothing.

I remember hearing a game that Nintendo were in the process of making a game called "Mario-nette", all very vague and mysterious.

Could they be concentrating on this title right now, developing it? What with Namco producing 2 of Nintendo's recent game (MK: Arcade and Starfox Assualt) could Nintendo be focusing on Mario 128, getting ready to showcase it for E3? Or perhaps making it a revolution launch game?
    Last edited by Ajinryu; 19 Feb 2005 at 04:24 PM.

2. In typical Nintendo fashion, things are way too quiet on the next Mario game (128,Mario nette?). Since the Cube is on life support as we speak they really should be focusing on getting it ready for a Revolution launch.

The thing I'm really pissed about is never getting a new 2D Mario game for the GBA. That pisses me off.

3. I remember reading something from Miyamoto that they were still working on it. Typical "keep it on lockdown" Nintendo. It'd imagine we'll hear about it for E3. They'll use it and the new Zelda to get attention away from Sony and MS. Like, "Not only do we have some next gen shit in the oven, but we got 2 games you'll want to play on the system you barely notice!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe

The thing I'm really pissed about is never getting a new 2D Mario game for the GBA. That pisses me off.
    I know what you mean, I was expecting a lot from Nintendo, what with the handheld market supposedly being their strong point, the only Mario games I thought were worth owning where Mario Bros 3 (Because the NES original is so damn good) and Mario Pinball (Fun but very short)

5. I always figured Mario 128 was truly a tech demo, but it looked so cool that Nintendo said it was coming to GCN in hopes that more people would buy the console in anticipation for the game.
    All is well.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    They'll use it and the new Zelda to get attention away from Sony and MS. Like, "Not only do we have some next gen shit in the oven, but we got 2 games you'll want to play on the system you barely notice!"

Those bastards, even just proposing that theory makes Nintendo look genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. Mario Sunshine?

GBA game - Mairo and Luigi: Superstar Saga??

8. Quote Originally Posted by pixelassassin
    Mario Sunshine?

Mario Sunshine and Mario 128 are not the same thing.

Mario and Luigi is part of the Mario RPG series of games.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

9. Quote Originally Posted by pixelassassin
    Mario Sunshine?

I think he was refering to 2D mario platformers. Mario Sunshine was not considered a "true" sequel due to the fact that it implemented stuff that was not part of the N64 game. Miyamoto also said that it was not a true sequel and that Mario 128 would be.

10. Mario 128 was originaly a tech demo, but then after Sunshine came out, Miyamoto refered to 128 again as another game in the series. Saying that it was going to come out for GCN. He also said it was going to come out in 2004 back in 2003. So who knows. Since it seems like we got a year left of Cube, they should and probably are working on getting what 128 is/was onto the Revolution as its launch game. And let the new Zelda and maybe Mario Kart GP be the swan songs of the Cube.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!