Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Painkiller Demo

1. Raspberry Painkiller Demo

www.gamespot.com posted the demo for this game today. If you have a PC that is capable of running it, run, don't walk to your nearest broadband connection and download it. It is simply stunning. Outside of possibly HL2, they are the most impressive physics I have yet to see in a video game.

It is looking like it is going to be a FPS in the vien of Doom, Serious Sam, ect... you against every horrible creature in hell.

It is so very satisfying to shoot a zombie in the head with your stake gun and watch him fly in the air and get pinned to the wall.

Anyone else try this one out yet? It is going to have multiplayer as well which could be interesting if they do it right.

2. Yes! It's finally out! I so want to play this, downloading now.

Thanks for the heads up.

3. I wanna play this so bad...GS DLX keeps telling a new version of their DL service in available, but the update keeps coming up action cancelled

4. Damn, steep system requirements. Downloading now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Javon_McCloud
    It is looking like it is going to be a FPS in the vien of Doom, Serious Sam, ect... you against every horrible creature in purgatory.
    Fixed your quote, since Purgatory is accurate, and hasn't been done 1000 times like hell has.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

6. It's quite impressive, technically. The graphics are great, and the Havok engine is used to even better effect than in Max Payne 2, but that said, the game got boring as all fuck very quickly to me. But then again, Serious Sam bored me to tears as well.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

7. It's like Serious Sam only ungodly slow and draining on the eyes. I can only stare at the same pallete for so long. At least Serious Sam had the greatest enemy ever (Screaming guys with no-heads and bombs for hands), humor and the great quotes.

I HATE RUNNING BACKWARDS!
    Play Guitar Hero //

8. Outside of graphics, I wasn't too impressed at first. Then I was drawn into the way the game forces you to make you shots count, rather than a frantic "unload as much ammo as possible" title like Serious Sam. I thought the second level of the demo was a little dull though, too much respawning out of nowhere from behind. I have always liked the idea of FPS shooter boss battles, but never have seen it done right. I don't know if it done right here since I havn't firgure out how to damage the boss.

In the end, I'll probably pick it up for $10, sometime after I beat Doom III.

Quote Originally Posted by Sl1p
    I HATE RUNNING BACKWARDS!
    I can agree with you on that.

9. I was thinking of hosting it here (since Dreamcatcher made the invitation to me), but I doubt Nick wants a huge spike in bandwidth

10. Movies of it I've seen looked very impressive graphics/physics wise. I will be giving it a try later today. I dont mind a mindless fps if its fun like Doom or SS.