Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 16% of Our Population Has an IQ Under 85

1. 16% of Our Population Has an IQ Under 85

So, about 16% of our population has an IQ under 85, and would probably be called "stupid" - not fair is it, given they were born this way. They're going to have a very hard time succeeding in life. Ah, I'm referring to people who are genuinely stupid but not actually disabled/retarded.

Is it just to have a group of Americans who will always have the deck stacked against them unless they're pretty, good at sports, or from a wealthy family? Is it fair to have them grow up in an educational system designed to send them to colleges they won't be successful in? Many people have a hard time accepting the fact that their children could even be stupid - stupid people exist, but they never actually seem to have parents. Some people thought that ugly women would be discriminated against if Hooters chose not to hire them - then why couldn't a stupid person sue for not being chosen to be someone's lawyer or doctor?

Do you think there is anything wrong with the way America treats stupid people?

2. I think with our current president, we couldn't possibly be treating stupid people any better than we already do.
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

3. Survival of the Fittest.

4. Poor Shakey.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    So, about 16% of our population has an IQ under 85, and would probably be called "stupid" - not fair is it, given they were born this way. They're going to have a very hard time succeeding in life. Ah, I'm referring to people who are genuinely stupid but not actually disabled/retarded.

Is it just to have a group of Americans who will always have the deck stacked against them unless they're pretty, good at sports, or from a wealthy family? Is it fair to have them grow up in an educational system designed to send them to colleges they won't be successful in? Many people have a hard time accepting the fact that their children could even be stupid - stupid people exist, but they never actually seem to have parents. Some people thought that ugly women would be discriminated against if Hooters chose not to hire them - then why couldn't a stupid person sue for not being chosen to be someone's lawyer or doctor?

Whose IQ test are these results based on? Old IQ test were used to hold down minorities and were overly biased and didn't really gage actual intelligence. They had questions that were related to culture that an Indian, Mexican, or black person probably wouldn't know from lack of exposure to those sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood
    Survival of the Fittest.
    aren't you gay?

Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    aren't you gay?
    Zzzzzzzing!

7. That 16% figure is based on current IQ tests, which are probably significantly less cuturally biased, no matter what premium you place on stuff like that.

No, stupidity is more popular and cool than it has ever been before. Kids are looked down on more by their peers for being smart, than for being dumb.

That 16% figure is based on current IQ tests, which are probably significantly less cuturally biased, no matter what premium you place on stuff like that.
    I was just curious.

9. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    No, stupidity is more popular and cool than it has ever been before. Kid’s are looked down on more by their peers for being smart, than for being dumb.
    This isn't true - everyone remembers making fun of the dumb kids in remedial math in high school. Doesn't mean it's cool to be smart, but it's never been cool to be genuinely stupid.

This isn't true - everyone remembers making fun of the dumb kids in remedial math in high school. Doesn't mean it's cool to be smart, but it's never been cool to be genuinely stupid.

Well it may be wrong to make fun of them, but it is not wrong to not hire them for jobs that require intelligence.

I'm not going to sue the local news paper for not hiring me to write for them. Stupid people shouldn't sue if no one will hire them to be a lawyer or a scientist.

You need to be able to do the job you seek. If not, you don't need to be hired.