Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 16% of Our Population Has an IQ Under 85

1. Only 16%? Could've fooled me. /elitism

But anyway, is IQ a measure of stupidity/intelligence?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Is it just to have a group of Americans who will always have the deck stacked against them unless they're pretty, good at sports, or from a wealthy family?
    Just? I don't know. It seems fair; or are we not trying to selectively duplicate the brightest, most beautiful folks of our society? Perhaps I'm wrong, but the main point of capitalism is competition - competition to succeed, to earn more money, to know more than the next guy. If you're not smart, to me, that's sort of a, "Tough shit," situation. Is it nice? No. But we end up with the best in the right positions, generally. We can't further humanity on the brains of the stupid, only on their backs.

Is it fair to have them grow up in an educational system designed to send them to colleges they won't be successful in?
    I don't think it's fair, I guess. I'm all for neural augmentation, though.

Many people have a hard time accepting the fact that their children could even be stupid - stupid people exist, but they never actually seem to have parents.
    It's amazing that children went from responsibilities to fashion accessories in this country. Even our parents disciplined us when we were bad, encouraged us (in their own ways) to do well in school, and all of that other stuff. Kids today get sent to a shrink and diagnosed with ADD and the blame is taken away from the kids and parents. "My kid isn't bad/stupid/etc., he has ADD/ADHD."

Some people thought that ugly women would be discriminated against if Hooters chose not to hire them - then why couldn't a stupid person sue for not being chosen to be someone's lawyer or doctor?
    If that happens, it's anti-capitalist enforcement. Guys don't go to Hooters for wings, they go to see "hot" chicks with big titties in skimpy outfits. It does not behoove the business to hire hot chicks, just like a law firm does not do well for itself hiring some Joe Average with no college degree or experience.

Do you think there is anything wrong with the way America treats stupid people?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    That is dumb racist shit. You might as well have said "negroes are stupid".
    You're so racist for assuming he was being racist.

"ZOMG, ONLY NEGROIDS PLAY BASKETBALLS"

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood
    p.s. I'm not gay.
    You find God or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    You mean to tell me that my intellegence is based off what I score on a man made piece of paper that a bunch of so called by our society "brains" if you will, made, then I think you can take the BS and shove it back where you got it from.
    Hey man, those people who made those test, probably went to college, and got PH.Ds. There for, they are GODS, and KNOW ALL.

DO NOT ARGUE, FOR THEY ARE ALLWAYS RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood
    Yeah... it obviously has nothing to do with the fact that Tracer has problably never taken any acting classes nor does he really have any interest in acting. It's just society brainwashing him into working retail instead of pursuing (and eventually failing at) his true dream of ACTING.
    Quit Haten, Tracer can do anything.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    Being stupid plain sucks. Fortunatly, most of them are attractive females or good at basketball. Stefan Marberry is as close to retarded as you can get without actually being deemed handicapped. Nature has a way of balancing these things out.
    Brains x Beauty x Ability
    ---------------------- = 1

I think thats how it works.

4. im not surprised, have you seen jerry springer lately? enough said...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    Ok, I dont know what you have against me
    What part of my post did I say I have anything against you?

but you missed the whole point and took the bait.
    I wasn't baiting you.

You see you BELIEVE you cant becuase THEY say you cant. You think you have a better chance at doing something else less challenging because THEY say. But you dont know, I could be talking to the best actor in the world an not know it. Corny it sounds yes, but it is true.
    I was only poking fun at it because you sounded like a motivational speaker, like FirstBlood said.

Back to the post....

You mean to tell me that my intellegence is based off what I score on a man made piece of paper that a bunch of so called by our society "brains" if you will, made, then I think you can take the BS and shove it back where you got it from.
    Did I say that? I said, "How do you quantify intelligence," since it's so nebulous and intangeable and tests aren't really good gauges of this. I did say there ARE stupid people. There really is, go check. But thats just the way of things. I don't think IQ tests nessisarily reflect that either (especially in the case of an idiot savant). Highlight where it was I was telling you that so I know where to take BS I never said and shove it back where I never took it from.
    o_O

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    What part of my post did I say I have anything against you?

I wasn't baiting you.

I was only poking fun at it because you sounded like a motivational speaker, like FirstBlood said.

In one of the post, it seemed as though one of you where stating that I was an idiot and I must have gotten enraged by the fact. Forget that bit.

Did I say that? I said, "How do you quantify intelligence," since it's so nebulous and intangeable and tests aren't really good gauges of this. I did say there ARE stupid people. There really is, go check. But thats just the way of things. I don't think IQ tests nessisarily reflect that either (especially in the case of an idiot savant). Highlight where it was I was telling you that so I know where to take BS I never said and shove it back where I never took it from.

And the last part of my post was not for you, it was for the general thread.....
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

7. I didn't read the whole thread, but this article is pretty good:

http://cms.psychologytoday.com/artic...01-000024.html