Thread: X (Japan)

X (Japan)

Hi everyone. I recenly purchesed the X DvD and CD best of relase from Tofu after reading about them in newtype. After watching the DVD 3 times and repeadedly listening to the CD over a period of 6 mothes, I really want to buy more of their CD's down a Mikado Music. I would like to hear some recomended stuff and websites and whatever else there is pertaining to X. I especialy want to know intresting facts about them, and which one commited suicide and which album did Kurenai, BLUEBLOOD, and Miscast originaly released on. Also Love Replica, this song is awsome but so differnt, was this during thier experimental phase or something, like Radiohead and Kid A (Their best album ). I know I could find most of this out, but I'd rather learn from people who know what their talking about (I.E. real fans) rather then some fag who really doesn't know anything (like me) )
    The only thing I believe in is burning passion.

2. Wait, is this the band with the anime style music video involving alien eyes invading earth and a blonde haired bishounen Jesus defeating them with glowing roses?

If so, that song's pretty good.

3. I love X, they were an amazing band, but this thread was probably a bit misplaced. I'll try to sort out some info for you tomorrow when I'm a little less tired. In the meantime, I'm going to try to find something to eat. I'll be replacing this post with that one.

4. X-Japan was a very great, solid band. I'm personally a bigger fan of Hide (the guitarist who hung himself) solo, which you might also like. Pink Spider and X are good songs to try. I personally like the rock out stuff better than the ballads.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. X-Japan is one of my favorite bands. Miscast is on Jealousy. Kurenai is on Blue Blood. Blue Blood is on....Blue Blood. Love Replica is on Jealousy as well. www.x-japan.de is a good German X site(it's in English!). There's a billion CD's out there as well. I would suggest Art of Life though, probably they're best song.

6. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword
    Wait, is this the band with the anime style music video involving alien eyes invading earth and a blonde haired bishounen Jesus defeating them with glowing roses?

If so, that song's pretty good.
    Yep, that's them. The song is Rusty Nail, from their last studio album (Dahlia). Damn good one, too.

Anyway, just get the albums in this order:

Blue Blood
    Art of Life (only one song, but holy crap what a song it is)
    Dahlia
    Jealousy
    Vanishing Vision

They also put on one hell of a live show. The Last Live (a recording of their final show) is a very good place to start with their live recordings.

Wow, that was a pretty good website, thank you. I think my favorite member is Yoshiki. It's so funny seeing the weirdo bishonen get hardcore on the drums! Toshi's vocals cannot be beat though, and I think I go pick up BB and Art of Life as soon as possible.
    The only thing I believe in is burning passion.