Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Video Capture Question

1. Xbox Video Capture Question

I want to capture play footage of Halo 2 to make a montage and I was wondering if some of you guys could help me with finding out what equipment I would need, what kind of software I need and how much it would all cost and where I could maybe get the software free.

So, anyone know anything?

2. Yield about: video capture

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I want to capture play footage of Halo 2 to make a montage and I was wondering if some of you guys could help me with finding out what equipment I would need, what kind of software I need and how much it would all cost and where I could maybe get the software free.

So, anyone know anything?
    Well congratulations on your entrance into the world of video game capture. You want to do it on x-box? well, i would personally recommend you get Halo 2 for PC, it would be much easier, of course you would have to have a BUTTLOAD of RAM and a good video card, but it's well worth it if that's what you're into. As far as software goes, you need a few things... I would recommend the fileshare program "ARES", cos it's free and it just plainly kicks ass. Here's a list of programs you need.

*you need a HACKED version of Fraps, preferably the newest version.
    *Adobe Audition
    *Adobe Premier

That's just for starters. It's already about $300 of stolen software, so tell me when you have that and i'll update you on what else you need.

As far as hardware goes you need a pretty decent vid card on your pc with a hookup for s-cable, so you can route your pc to your xbox. also, you need one x-box plus the game for every four charachters you want on your vid. that's all for now, post more later.

--anarchist
    ***Anarchy 101***

3. No Halo 2 for PC.

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Dave
    No Halo 2 for PC.

It is true, oh well it sucks balls anyway. try getting a video card with tv in and record using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

Hasn't he had video capturing stuff for a while now?

and lol, Halo 2 for the PC, what a douchebag.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. just get a video capture card (a cheap one can be had for 20-30 bux), some sort of video recording software (VirtualDub can do the basics, but I seriously doubt you'll be able to do any fancy shit with it), and off you go.

7. Quote Originally Posted by anarchy_101
    *you need a HACKED version of Fraps, preferably the newest version.
    *Adobe Audition
    *Adobe Premier

That's just for starters. It's already about $300 of stolen software, so tell me when you have that and i'll update you on what else you need.

You know nothing about software Mr. 4 posts!

edit: and it's too bad Opaque sucks at Halo and can't make a good montage for shit. WHAT WHAT!
    Last edited by BrAnDX105; 01 Apr 2005 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

Set your VCR to record the channel that you are playing games on (line1, channel3,etc.) and voila video capture. Thats how i do it at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    And you are a twelve year-old boy.
    Nobody cares what you think.

9. Opaque is currently somewhere in LA or something with his girlfriend (the asian one) at some sort of dance competition (what?). He started work on the final cut of his video last night, and will most likely have it ready by the time he gets back on sunday. I'll throw it up on Pimp Productions and then you can all laugh at him.

But really, there is some good shit on there. Its a lot better than some of the stuff on halopro.com.

10. Yeah, it's already done.