Thread: My Speakers Echo

1. PC My Speakers Echo

I noticed the other day after playing KOTOR that sometimes when I close the program my speakers echo with every sound afterwards. The echo would go away after rebooting or running the game again, but now it's permanent and I can't figure out how to fix the problem. I haven't tried reinstalling my sound drivers yet, that's for tomorrow. If anyone knows how to fix this, help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I have a Creative SB Audigy sound card.

2. are you in a cave? if so, try leaving the cave.

OMG! YOUR TOILET WATER GOES DOWN THE WRONG WAY!
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

4. Do you actually mean echo, as in all sounds are followed by a fading reverberation? Or do you mean the last sound when you close a program is repeated like a broken record?

Echo, does your computer have an internal microphone? Or have you looked to see if your soundcard has filters to simulate reverberation and something is turning them on? Do you have a game controller hooked up through your soundcard?

Broken Record, close programs properly.
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 15 Mar 2005 at 05:54 AM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Double check and make sure that for some reason your Audigy software isn't leaving the sound stuck on an EAX mode like auditorium when you are quitting the game. Next time it happens, open up the software and turn EAX to off and see if it keeps echoing.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.