Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help my ID this old PSX game.

1. Question Help my ID this old PSX game.

Okay, it was back during the time that PSX games were released in those big black plastic cases that came between the Sega CD / Saturn ones and the final regular jewel cases.

The game was a racing game, and was a top-down racing, in I think a sort of 3/4ths perspective like Viewpoint or Zaxxon. I can't remember if it was 3D or 2D, but I think it was 2D - at least, it came off to me looking like it was 2D. I don't remember much about it, but I remember this one course/area where it looked like they were driving on a freeway, and at times you would go under walkways above the road.

I think it was just a basic racer - I can't remember any sort of weapons or anything involved in the game.

Does this ring any sort of bell with anybody? I saw the game once at GameFan, I thought it looked interesting, but I never had the chance to play it.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Last edited by cka; 14 Mar 2005 at 10:00 PM.

3. Motor Toon GP?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. No no, I know what Ridge Racer is. As I said, it's more of a top-down kind of game, where you play the game at a bit of an angle - same kind of way that those Atari rally racers that were around for a while were. The camera was quite a bit up, so the cars were smaller than usual on the screen. Maybe the same kind of scale as something like HotRod.

5. wasn't long box, but circuit breakers? or possibly rush hour?

6. That's probably it - Rush Hour. Thanks!

...wow. That's what it looked like? Hot damn, I remember it looking SO much better.

So, anybody played this? Is there any reason at all for me to check it out at this point?

7. a few years ago, a buddy and i went through the rental section at work and started playing a ton of games that we had never played before. I can remember this game not impressing us much; but we probably played it for all of ten minutes

8. Moto Toon GP was never released in America, just in Japan.