Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee Films

1. Bruce Lee Films

Call me crazy, but in all my 18 years, I've never seen a Bruce Lee film in completion till just this past weekend. Now I'm hooked. I've seen a few collections or 2 for 1 DVD's at Best Buy, but I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction for a complete or best box set available.

I've been into kung fu/samurai films for a long time, yet I've never really pursued it till now, so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I was also wondering if there were any Jackie Chan collections out there? I've seen pretty much all his movies, but would like to have the collection on DVD.

2. those 2 for 1s suck

buy the Warner Brothers 25th anniversary Enter the Dragon

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WBD028633

and also get this Box set:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD004092

That should keep you happy for awhile

3. Enter the Dragon, is the shit! Chuck Norris makes an appearance in the film as well.

4. Jackie Chan and crew (Yuen Biao, Sammo Hung, etc.) also appear as extras and prisoners. Can't really make them out in the big crowd scenes, though.

I've always kind of been partial to Chinese Connection and Return of the Dragon (more Chuck Norris here) myself, but ETD is his best overall performance.

The last 20 minutes of Game of Death is the best Bruce Lee you will ever see in your entire life. Think Kung-Fu the 8bit nintendo game brought to life.There's a documentary film that ends with those 20 minutes totally sparing you from sitting through a shit-fest of a movie.

Aside from that I'd reccommend Return of the Dragon as well. The colliseum fight with Norris is a classic. You'll shave your chest hairs afterwards.

This website should also be of interest to a few people here:
    http://www.geocities.com/many_bruces/

I've seen a couple of bruceploitation movies and yeah, they're all pretty bad. Beer and friends however enhance the experience.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. Yeah, it's really sad what they did with that Game of Death footage. They slapped those cool fight scenes at the end and then filmed a bunch of crap using an imposter for the beginning to cash in on his death.

The scene where they super-impose Bruce's face on the other actor is hilariously bad.

HAHA! Yeah I almost spit my cheerios when I saw that. The movie should really be seen for the insanely high cheese-factor.

They might as well have printed out a Bruce Lee cut-out mask and make the actor wear that throughout the film.

I almost forgot to mention how the movie enen uses real-life footage of Bruce Lee's funeral to help illustrate a scene in the movie where the Bruce Lee character fakes his own death to trick the bad guys.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Super-Eggroll
    Yeah, it's really sad what they did with that Game of Death footage. They slapped those cool fight scenes at the end and then filmed a bunch of crap using an imposter for the beginning to cash in on his death.

The scene where they super-impose Bruce's face on the other actor is hilariously bad.
    Kind of ironic, that they had to sort of do the same thing, with Brandon Lee in The Crow.

9. Yep. The scenes where he's playing his guitar on the roof - not Brandon.

They also filmed a lot more scenes with the girl and Ernie Hudson to fill in some of the gaps a bit.

"I like the PRETTY lights..."

- dead silence -

10. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    There's a documentary film that ends with those 20 minutes totally sparing you from sitting through a shit-fest of a movie.
    I actually watched that documentary a few weeks back, and it was awesome. Those fights from game of death were great.