Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yoshi TnG

1. This weekend I went from a 6,500 yard score to a whopping new 14,139 yards. Whoo. I'm catchin' up with ya Frito. mwahahaha

2. Haha, yeah, one day I was struggling to reach 7,000, then the next I got that insane score.
    I just got back from school on Tuesday, so I'm going to dust off the DS and try to get past 20,000. :>
    I also need to finish RE4.

3. ^^^

Yeah, I would have at least gotten 16,000 but a toady somehow snuck up behind me while I was trying to hit some other enemies.

4. My latest:

Marathon:

Score attack:

5. nt
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 30 May 2006 at 10:28 AM.

6. Improved my marathon mode score today:

Purple Yoshi is evil fast.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 20 Jun 2006 at 02:59 PM.

7. Marathon, small improvement, I know I can last longer than this:

24,328 yards

Score Attack This is about as far as I think I can go in score attack after chaining as much as I possibly could without dying or missing too many additional chains in the process. Had to use the midpoint to get this but it was still very hard to achieve:

737 points

For me almost 2 years later, TnG is still one addictive and well executed little arcade game. I wonder how well it sold. I'd be all for a sequel with more level layouts and boss battles.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 19 Dec 2006 at 03:47 PM.

8. Have you played the Vs.? I still think it is one of the all time greatest Vs. games ever.

9. Damn! I really need to get on it and beat that marathon score, haha. :P
    As soon as I finish these two papers due tomorrow.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    Have you played the Vs.? I still think it is one of the all time greatest Vs. games ever.
    Oh yeah. TnG vs. is fun, hectic stuff. Have played many matches with a friend of mine. He is better than I am at inching towards the goal but I always manage to chain enough cacti to kill him.

Speaking of which, one of my fave things about the DS is so many titles have great single cart vs. modes (shame game sharing is woefully underused on the PSP even on simple arcade style games, where's my game sharing for Every Extend multiplayer? grrrrr)

Also, I was surprised that Kirby Cursed Canvas didn't have any multiplayer. It has a bunch of "beat the clock to reach the goal" mini games not to mention a slick racing battle, all of which would have been perfect for vs.

Anyways, I started playing Time attack and challenge mode a bit more (they're OK but just not as fun as score, marathon or vs.):

Time attack: 3:32:0

Challenge: 4,395 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post
    Damn! I really need to get on it and beat that marathon score, haha. :P
    As soon as I finish these two papers due tomorrow.
    Bring it.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 19 Dec 2006 at 06:08 PM.