Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ys: Oath in Felghana

1. They're sprites.
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

2. How well did Ark sell?
    No gnus is good gnus.

3. Ark wasn't very impressive unfortunately AFAIK saleswise.

Anyway, w00t, my copy of Felghana arrived today. A friend bought two copies from Falcom and redirected the 2nd one to me. Those included Ys III music CDs are gonna rock and at least I'll have that if I can't succeed in hacking the game to English. Falcom basically recycled the Ys VI PC engine though, so what I learned from hacking that will apply here, therefore I'm hopeful.

As for the game itself, my translator that works with me on my projects like Ys I & II Complete said it's fantastic and blows Ys VI away. He already beat it last Sunday and really wants to translate the script.

Posted some shots of the goodies included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0002 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	16310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0003 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	16311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0004 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	16312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0005 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	16313  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0006 (Custom).JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	16314  
    Last edited by NightWolve; 07 Jul 2005 at 05:13 PM.

4. Hey, look what I stumbled upon below... English support! ^____^

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img00.png 
Views:	3229 
Size:	455.3 KB 
ID:	16387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img01.png 
Views:	2630 
Size:	442.8 KB 
ID:	16388  

5. If you can do this, I will find someone to have your babies.

6. Heh-heh. It's already being done my friend, however, I'm contemplating the wisdom in releasing a patch to the public when it's finished... I think you already knew that I cancelled the project for Ys VI PC later down the road. The reasons were that a) I learned of Konami's porting plans for the PS2 combined with b) which is what REALLY did it, that being a Korean programmer who helped me hack it in the first place informed me that legal action was being taken against him by a Korean company that was planning a localization for the PC version there (same platform). It ended OK with a cease and desist order last I checked with him, but shit, he had to get his family lawyer and meet with them...

So, that's the thing, what are Konami's plans? We don't want to hurt any chances of profit-making in case they do decide to bring it over as well as the minute possibility of them taking legal action against us. That's why for Ys VI, it made sense. It's easier to pirate PC games over PS2 and if having an English patch available hurt PS2 sales in any way, that would reduce chances of them wanting to localize future Falcom games in the series.
    Last edited by NightWolve; 14 Jul 2005 at 07:45 PM.

7. I think I just swallowed my brain. It never clicked in my head that "NightWolve from TNL" was the same guy as "NightWolve who did the Ys translations." Kinda like how I felt when I installed the I&II complete patch and it thanked Kouryuu, who I was having a conversation with on AIM at the time.

I only dig up the thread because I've decided to tear through as many different versions of the Ys games as I can get my hands on, and being that I never really dug Ys III as much as the others, I want to play this as soon as humanly possible. If we find out at E3 that Konami's not going to touch an English language version, is it possible that this'll see public release? As much as it kills me that this exists and nobody can play it, I definitely respect not releasing a patch if sales are at stake. I'm wondering how the PSP Napishtim is selling in the US... I had trouble finding a copy when I was at home, and I wasn't sure if they had sold well or if nobody got any to begin with.

Two semi-related questions: 1. Has anyone played Taito's PS2 update of Ys III? It looks awesome and I really, really want it, but I've heard bad things about their Ys updates. 2. Does anyone know if there's a translation patch for SFC Ys V? I'm leaning towards no, I did some digging for one, and nothing turned up, besides a group that lists it in active projects.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NightWolve
    Ark wasn't very impressive unfortunately AFAIK saleswise.

Anyway, w00t, my copy of Felghana arrived today. A friend bought two copies from Falcom and redirected the 2nd one to me. Those included Ys III music CDs are gonna rock and at least I'll have that if I can't succeed in hacking the game to English. Falcom basically recycled the Ys VI PC engine though, so what I learned from hacking that will apply here, therefore I'm hopeful.

As for the game itself, my translator that works with me on my projects like Ys I & II Complete said it's fantastic and blows Ys VI away. He already beat it last Sunday and really wants to translate the script.

Posted some shots of the goodies included.
    Holy fuck. How much did all that cost? Those soundtrack CDs alone make it worth my money.