Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ys: Oath in Felghana

1. PC Ys: Oath in Felghana

Ark of Napishtim has barely been out a month and already a new game is announced!

From Gamespot:

TOKYO--Falcom has launched the official Web site for its next Ys installment, titled Ys: The Oath in Felghana. The game is slated for release in Japan in June for PCs. Required hardware specifications have not been announced yet.

The Oath in Felghana should be a treat to gamers who enjoyed Ys III: Wanderers from Ys, since it takes place in the same setting and features returning characters. The Oath in Felghana will once again feature the series' main character, Adol Christin, and his partner, Dogi. Additionally, it will take place in Dogi's homeland from Ys III, known as the region of Felghana.

Adol and Dogi make their way to Felghana after hearing the land has faced some disturbing changes, notably the appearance of monsters and the eruption of volcanoes. There, they reunite with Dogi's childhood friend, Elena Stoddart, and her big brother, Chester, who are once again expected to play key roles in the game’s storyline. Adol and his friends eventually learn about a new conspiracy at the Ballacetine castle, from Ys III, and also learn about an ancient legend regarding an evil god who once ruled over the land.

The Oath in Felghana will play like Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, though with a few new additions. The jump-happy game has improved its leaping system by adding a double jump and a rotating jump. The game also features something called the "bangle system," which features bracelets that give characters power-ups.
    Yes! I hope they use some of the tracks from the Ys III soundtrack.

Some pics:

2. is the Ys series any good? looks very Zelda-ish to me.

3. Wow! Looks really good so far. I really have to get back to Ark of Napishtim.

The Ys series has some really awsome games. It is more action oriented and leveling up, but I would say if you like Zelda there is a good chance you'll like Ys.

4. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    is the Ys series any good? looks very Zelda-ish to me.
    Secret of Mana might be a closer approximation.

Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    is the Ys series any good? looks very Zelda-ish to me.
    Ban him. Now.

6. Please please please please please let this come out in the US as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. It's actually been 2 years since the PC release of Ys VI. Anyways...

A more fitting name for this would be Ys III Eternal. At first I thought this was just 'a new adventure in an old land.' The music, locations, dialogue, and bosses all match up to Ys III though. Strange that they would do this after Taito had recently released their own remake of III. Still, it looks damn awesome.
    Check out the preview video here.

If your memory is fuzzy, here are some screenshots from the PCE version. See if you can match up some of them to the video.

8. Music samples have been up on the official site since I don't know when.

9. My translator keeps an English (not Engrish) mirror of the official site here if anyone wants to look at it. If Konami doesn't take the project like they did Ys VI, we may just work on a fan translation hack for it at some point.

Virael, where do you know my homie Gillian Seed from btw or did you just randomly find his link by chance? Do you go by any other nickname on other boards?
    Last edited by NightWolve; 26 Jun 2005 at 04:58 AM.
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

10. are the characters polygonal or sprite based in this one?