Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best game systems in my lifetime from best to worst.....

1. Best game systems in my lifetime from best to worst.....

This list is made from life experiences of gaming up to my current age "20".
    This list is subject to change as I grow as a gamer and gather more information.
    This is "MY" top 10 list not yours, feel free to email me yours anytime and give me reasons for your choices.

Games in ( insert game) are games I concidered the most influetial to myself and many other gamers.

1. SNES ( I had the most fun with a great library of games way before graphics defined 50% of a game. ) (Super Mario World, Zelda Link to the Past, Mario Kart, Super Metriod, SF2 turbo, MK 1 and 2,)

2. NES ( I grew up on the system so as someone else said before It impacted me the most. Alot of games of today are still based on these classics.. and they still are fun to play ) ( Double Dragon, Punchout , Mario 3 )

3. PSX ( As someone said before this system really changed everything most people knew or thought about games IMO. It also went mainstream more so than the NES and SEGA systems before it. With a big library of great to decent titles I concider it a must have for it's time.) (< FF - 7,8 and tactics, Medal of Honor, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 2,Tekken 3, Grandia )

4. PS2 ( Once again the library has great titles, your gonna get what you pay for here. Quality games from good developers made the PS2 thrive for the last few years. When you think of PS2 you think of a "all around" system.) ( Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry, ZOE, ZOE2, Onimusha 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Tekken Tag)

5. DC ( Had the most unique and refreshing games available while everyone else was sticking to the basic formula 60% of the time. Jet Grind Radia AKA Jet SET Radio is one good example of it's game library uniqueness. Shenmue is another. And for fighting game fans SOUL CALIBUR is still more fun to play than most fighting games out there. "The soul never dies" rings in my head to this day. (Soul Calibur, Shunmue, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Adventure, Virtua Tennis, Grandia 2)

6. N64 ( While not having the best gaming library it had some killer app titles. ZELDA 64 being numero uno in my book, along with Mario 64 "which considered by others" to define 3D gaming to a perfect degree is another one. With GoldenEye to tag along, these games impacted me alote and most people can still come back and play these games and have fun. Graphic wise the N64 lacked in and thats why I give it a rank of 6 on my list. ) ( Zelda 64, Mario 64, GoldenEye, Mario Tennis)

7.Sega Genesis ( Was the leader over the Snes for a while with fun and rememberable games like Sonic and Gunstar Hereos.) ( Sonic 1,2,3 and knuckles, Gunstar hereos,)

8. Saturn ( Once again sega pushes out a powerfull system and with unique titles. The reason I rank this #8 on my list is because of poor execution by sega for the saturn period. When it first launched there were many returns because the system was malfunctioning. While having some good unique titles "NiGHTS and great portovers they still failed to market the system well in America which help lead to its demise.) (NiGHTS, Virtua Fighter, Panzer Dragoon Saga)

9 Gamecube ( Some may wonder why I ranked this system an 8 on my list. It's because while there are a few unique and different titles, they are mostly things we have seen before. Of course Nintendo has it killer "appz" like Zelda Wink Waker, or Metriod Prime, but there are far to few. The system was design for mostly kids and it shows. With big titles not being on Gamecube it hurts it's sells. Another factor for me personaly is the Mario Sunshine game. I was just uninterested to play it unlike previous mario games. It seemed to much of a generic 3d game rather than " The new Mario" game. It' these reasons why I rank Gamecube an 8 on my top 10 systems list.)
    ( Metriod Prime 1 - 2, Zelda Wind Waker, Mario Double Dash, MGS Twin Snakes ,)

10 Xbox ( Lack of Killer "appz" games brings this to the bottom of the list. Xbox recieves that last minute fix up portover games almost everytime. Although it does have it's share of unique games," Halo, Ninja Gaiden", It still does not make up for the 200 + you spend on the system once you own it. Graphic wise its the best by far, but game wise it suffers greatly.)( Ninja Gaiden, Fable, Halo 1 -2)
    Last edited by Zerohero; 19 Mar 2005 at 01:22 PM.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

http://www.livejournal.com

You have the fucking N64 above the Genesis, so your list has no excuse being anywhere but at LJ. Of course, you are 20, so you don't know shit about anything that happened prior to 1995 at best.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    You have the fucking N64 above the Genesis
    Yeah, WTF!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    http://www.livejournal.com

You have the fucking N64 above the Genesis, so your list has no excuse being anywhere but at LJ. Of course, you are 20, so you don't know shit about anything that happened prior to 1995 at best.

Well at the time I never got to own a Sega Genesis when I was younger, I had a Snes and a NES. It's above the Genesis because I had more time and availability to play the games. Like I said the list is subject to change but as of now in my book it stands where it should.

And as far as being 20 and not knowing anything before 1995 does not make sense really. I mostly played my NES those years and my fathers ATARI before I moved on to SNES etc. Im sorry my family didnt have as much as money as yours did at that time.....
    Last edited by Zerohero; 19 Mar 2005 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    Well at the time I never got to own a Sega Genesis when I was younger, I had a Snes and a NES. It's above the Genesis because I had more time and availability to play the games. Like I said the list is subject to change but as of now in my book it stands where it should.
    Your book should be burned.

N64 > Every system ever.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Your book should be burned.
    Like I said it's my choices, my opinion. I owned a SNES durring the glory days of Sega Genesis when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    This list is subject to change as I grow as a gamer and gather more information.
    After playing more Genesis games check out this system to start.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    After playing more Genesis games check out this system to start.

I plan to, I also know about other systems of the past such as Neo Geo and the 3do consoles I plan to purchase these when I get the chance and play some of the best requested games , as well as some with personal interest.

Dont get wrong now I have played some great SG games like Gunstar Hereo's and of course the Sonic Games. But I never had the chance to fully enjoy them. I have a emulator with all of the games as well. So only time will tell.

LOL Guest
    9. Gamecube
    10. Xbox

No one will take you seriously any longer.