Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'More Friends' Final Fantasy concert and The Black Mages coming to Los Angeles.

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    You have every right to say that Ulysses is a piece of crap. Yea, it all comes down to a difference of opinion I suppose, but isnt that self-evident? If all we said in life was, "eh, agree to disagree" itd be pretty lame.

And I get Square just fine. I used to think the FF music was good, too. Then I actually listened to real classical compositions. For what its worth though I still think the Tactics music is pretty damn good.
    Indeed it is, the same guy also did the Radiant Silvergun soundtrack. Dig it up its pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    People like Square's shitty, amateurish attempts at classical-style music because theyre ignorant, buffoonish Japanophiles, and no more. The fact that people waste money to listen to a symphony conduct this trash breaks my heart, especially since its in LA! UCLA Live has so many amazing performers putting on amazing works here its not even funny, and it gets ignored in favor of this.
    I don't think is fair for you of all people to judge a work by its complexity or musicianship. Of all the people on the board you are one of the most known for shitting on music that is very complicated and made by very talented musicians, just because you personally do not enjoy the song itself.

Either dislike types of music because you don’t personally get it, or by it’s quality/musicianship. You can’t do both with out looking like a douche.

3. Indeed it is, the same guy also did the Radiant Silvergun soundtrack. Dig it up its pretty good.
    Yea, that RSG soundtrack is keen, too.

I don't think is fair for you of all people to judge a work by its complexity or musicianship.
    Am I judging it on that? Or am I judging it because its corny, lame, and amateurish? Think about what I have said in this thread. Music can be complex or simple and still be good, thats not the issue. The Dream Theater guys or Steve Vai are very good musicians, even though their music isnt worth a damn thing (IMO). I can admit this.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 19 Mar 2005 at 11:54 PM.

4. Oh boy, the Black Mages live. I would totally love to hear them ruin FF tracks I enjoyed with miserably cheesy synth and painful vocals where vocals do not belong! Awesome.

If they leave the keyboards at home it could be interesting, though. Could be. Doubtful. I wouldn't mind going to an FF concert but both Black Mages albums are absolute shit.

5. Black mages use vocals in what song?

6. There are two black mages albums?

7. Yeah I believe they released the second one recently.

8. I just found it, listening now.

Alright... in the Otherworld that was played during FFX, it was some dude yelling shit, now it's just some chick saying shit... Fucking weaksauce.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Yea, that RSG soundtrack is keen, too.

Am I judging it on that? Or am I judging it because its corny, lame, and amateurish? Think about what I have said in this thread. Music can be complex or simple and still be good, thats not the issue. The Dream Theater guys or Steve Vai are very good musicians, even though their music isnt worth a damn thing (IMO). I can admit this.
    corny, lame, = descriptive words for your feelings on quality of the composition

amateurish = descriptive word that could be describing the quality of the song, or the musicianship of those who play or wrote it.

Music’s quality, along with the ability of those who play it is not related to your enjoyment of it. Music is not objective.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 20 Mar 2005 at 04:05 AM.

10. I understand what they were talking about with the putting of the vocals in the songs that don't need them, they're really out of place.