Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'More Friends' Final Fantasy concert and The Black Mages coming to Los Angeles.

1. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    by what authority do you get to judge it as lame, corny, and shitty? Who are you to say what is good enough to be played by an orchestra?

When did Apollo die and make you the new god of music?
    Because he thinks it's obvious enough that it is lame corny and overrated from a musical standpoint, which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood
    Because he thinks it's obvious enough that it is lame corny and overrated from a musical standpoint, which it is.
    You're both dicks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    Otherworld sucks and the chick was not necessary... neither was the guy, for that matter, but oh well. And can you defend The Skies Above? It's one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard, but it's not a good song in any stretch of the imagination.
    Blam, nail on the head. The dude screaming in Otherworld was better than that chick just kinda talking.

4. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    You're both dicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    You're both huge assholes, you know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    You're a fucking cunt.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 20 Mar 2005 at 04:48 PM.

5. I like a lot of FF music but most of it is good only as the little ditties they are and have zero place on a full orchestra. Not to say there aren't a number that would be vastly improved with better (or real) instruments, and there are a few that are worthy of being heard with such a musical attempt but:
    Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    And even then, the "good" songs are just hollow imitations of far better classical music.
    They do rip off other tracks and it's really not that hard to bust out Carmina Burana which is already played by a full orchestra. I'm not sure if Liberi Fatali was also a ripoff but that's one of the mere five or so that really need an orchestra to convey them. IIRC, there was a nice 20-minute orchestral version of FFVI music that sounded pretty nice which I had an mp3 of, I'll have to dig that back out and see if it's still good.

Basically, I'd download this but I probably wouldn't go out to see it on my own or anything.