Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'More Friends' Final Fantasy concert and The Black Mages coming to Los Angeles.

1. Thumbs Up 'More Friends' Final Fantasy concert and The Black Mages coming to Los Angeles.

Square Enix today announced that "More Friends -- Music from FINAL FANTASY -- With Special Guests" will be coming to Los Angeles. Performed by the World Festival Symphony Orchestra and the CSUF University Singers, and conducted by Arnie Roth (who also did the 'Dear Friends' concerts), the concert will be held at the Universal Amphitheatre in LA on May 16th, one day before E3 (17th-19th).

Why is it called 'More Friends,' you ask? Yes, that's right, this is a NEW program, with NEW songs. Rejoice!

"In appreciation of the great success of the 'Dear Friends' concerts, I'm thrilled to bring another performance to America during E3," said Ichiro Otobe, president and COO of Square Enix, Inc. "'More Friends' will add further depth and variety to the FINAL FANTASY music experience."

As you may recall, there was a 'Dear Friends' concert in San Francisco during the GDC. During the concert, Uematsu asked the audience if they were familiar with his band, The Black Mages, and if they would come to a Black Mages concert in the US. The audience reportedly thundered with applause, and it seems that enthusiasm was well noted.

Nobuo Uematsu and The Black Mages will be performing at the 'More Friends' concert in LA this May.

Rejoice again!

"I couldn't be more pleased with the popularity of the FINAL FANTASY music in America, and I can't wait for the fans' reaction to this new show," said series composer Nobuo Uematsu. "I am especially delighted that my wish to perform in America with my band, The Black Mages, has come true."

Along with the main program and The Black Mages, there will be some 'special guests' at the concert, though who that is hasn't been revealed yet.

Tickets will be on sale on March 21, 2005 at all Ticketmaster outlets, at Universal Amphitheatre Main & Citywalk Box offices, charged by phone at 213.252.8497, or online at Tickemaster here.

-------

Look's like I'll (hopefully) be going to L.A. again.

I'd like to go, but damn, In L.A.? Probably won't happen.

The inflated self importance of these Squaresoft idiots never ceases to amaze me. Of course, touting the music is a lot safer than the tired gameplay.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    The inflated self importance of these Squaresoft idiots never ceases to amaze me. Of course, touting the music is a lot safer than the tired gameplay.
    There's nuts like these in every circle. Gaming, wrestling, music, etc. Every wrestling columnist in the world thinks they have everyone in the world reading their articles and that their poorly drafted weekly column is reason for them to look down on others. It's ridiculous. I guess real importance and inflated self importance is what separates genius' from the mediocrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    There's nuts like these in every circle. Gaming, wrestling, music, etc. Every wrestling columnist in the world thinks they have everyone in the world reading their articles and that their poorly drafted weekly column is reason for them to look down on others. It's ridiculous. I guess real importance and inflated self importance is what separates genius' from the mediocrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    You're both huge assholes, you know that?

If people didn't like square's music, they wouldn't get enough money to put this on.

Quit shitting on other people's joy.

6. Respect for IP +10

7. People like Square's shitty, amateurish attempts at classical-style music because theyre ignorant, buffoonish Japanophiles, and no more. The fact that people waste money to listen to a symphony conduct this trash breaks my heart, especially since its in LA! UCLA Live has so many amazing performers putting on amazing works here its not even funny, and it gets ignored in favor of this.

8. Trolling much today diffx? No really its called a difference in taste. Some people hail ulyesses as the greatest work of english since ever. I think its a dense piece of crap that is written by a good author. Just no one wants to admit that james joyce fucked up. Or maybe I just don't get James Joyce.

I'd say diff, you don't get square, but are no less for it. Have a lolly.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten
    Trolling much today diffx? No really its called a difference in taste. Some people hail ulyesses as the greatest work of english since ever. I think its a dense piece of crap that is written by a good author. Just no one wants to admit that james joyce fucked up. Or maybe I just don't get James Joyce.

I'd say diff, you don't get square, but are no less for it. Have a lolly.
    You have every right to say that Ulysses is a piece of crap. Yea, it all comes down to a difference of opinion I suppose, but isnt that self-evident? If all we said in life was, "eh, agree to disagree" itd be pretty lame.

And I get Square just fine. I used to think the FF music was good, too. Then I actually listened to real classical compositions. For what its worth though I still think the Tactics music is pretty damn good.

10. I hope to make this one since I missed the last one due to late ticket costs.
    All is well.