Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Grapher

1. The new intro song is still pretty good.

If you buy Desert Shit over this you should probably just kill yourself.

2. I don't have the money to be buying anime right now, assface. Sheesh.
    I'm sure I'll enjoy the thinpacks of both whenever they come out.

3. just finished this this up this morning. gets a bit dull at the 3/4 mark but the last 2 episoed more than make up for it. now i still have basilisk, trinity blood and samurai 7 to finish.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Trinity Blood sucks.

The other two are great.
    the little bit i've seen on previews for TB make the art look good but that's all i knew going in. i archived it from Netflix so even if it's a wash it's no worries.

5. It's just really, really boring in the second half.

Like for 14 episodes nothing happens.

6. Just finished this one up:

Pros:
    -Premise was unique
    -The story very well written and the flow was executed perfectly, only a little filler here and there
    -Awesome concept art especially on the Limited Ed packages
    -Interesting characters and character development (both main characters and transformed villains)
    -Cool opening/intermission/closing sequences
    -Saiga, Suitengu, and Ginza's voice acting dub was spot on
    -Great ending

Cons:
    -Animation quality was shitty except in a few episodes. And by shitty i mean grainy and lack of detail. Its as if they spent more time crafting the credits than the meat of the series
    -story didnt head the direction i thought it would, and lacked a little in the middle (but made it up for it in the end)
    -None of the shots in the opening credit sequence were in the series or even had anything to do with it, wtf
    -Ginza's character was spot on, but the outfit was totally out of place compared to the other characters
    -Kagura's US dub actress drove me fucking nuts, sounded way too old and her shrill crappy whiny screams were almost enough to draw me out of the story alltogether

Aside from the detailed complaints, definitely one of the better series Ive seen lately

7. forgot one more thing, the cursing felt too forced.

it would have fit well, but most of the time it was like if you tried to get a straight laced religious person to curse and then taped it

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    How much did you love the music and atmosphere?
    both were top notch, should have put those in the pro category.
    i really dig the music, esp the incorporation of yui's music box into the overall melodies