Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Grapher

1. Sweat Speed Grapher

I was looking up some info and found an interesting new anime from Studio Gonzo called speed grapher. From the VERY tiny screen trailer it has, it looks interesting ...and for some reason reminds me of Boomers from Bubblegum Crisis.

The home site even has a Speed Grapher trailer done by that guy who makes them insane black and white animated .gifs.

Anyone have any word on what the story is about? I'm having a feeling it has something to do with a photographer.

Heres the home site. Speed Grapher

2. man, that there is a tiny trailer. Looks promising though.
    -Myk

3. Well finally some fan subs are out of this series. So far its got me intrigued to watch more. This series seems to take place in a near future Tokyo.

The main guy Saiga is a private eye/photographer. Saiga got his start in photography by taking war pictures and since then he's been searching for new locations and people that are worthy of him to take photos of. To make money he does under cover work by taking pics of wanted indivduals or of crime scenes. When he goes on his new case, he stumbles across a HUGE underground cult that maybe too much for him to handle alone.

The animation is pretty good for Gonzo and is a mixture of lifelike animation and lupin style. It reminds me of Lupin quite a bit but without the humor. It seems Saiga is pretty resourceful at his job and getting in and out of sticky situations. I need to watch some more and see how deep this story is really going to get.

4. The opening theme is excellent
    -Myk

5. Hahah the duran duran- girls on film? Thats hilarous, wonder if they mean to have the setting in the 80's.

6. God dammit, I got to episode 3 and Funimation snagged it already. Now its been taken down right when I got hooked on it

7. I'm two volumes in with the other available two waiting until tomorrow.

This shit is fucking amazing. I can't believe no one else on TNL is watching this right now.

8. I'm behind on my anime watching. Probably after Christmas and I have extra cash I'm gonna start getting this, ergo proxy and the rest of FMA.

Did they still cut duran duran from the opening song?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'm two volumes in with the other available two waiting until tomorrow.

This shit is fucking amazing. I can't believe no one else on TNL is watching this right now.
    i got the first 2 volumes as well. i just wish blockbuster would fucking send the other ones that are out. in the meantime im finishing up samurai 7.

10. The lack of Duran Duran upsets me greatly.
    I'm going for Desert Punk.