Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Over half a billion dollars a year...

1. Sonic Over half a billion dollars a year...

Sammy's pachinko/slot amusement business brings in all of this profit, yet it takes little investment from them and leaves them with nothing to spend their money on. They chose SEGA to help them expand across the video game field in a big way, with big funding in tow. Third-party publishing for consoles isn't a successful business for SEGA, though, so Sammy might be looking toward hardware instead with the company's combined experience in the field. And, of course, SEGA much prefers to lead the way on a first-party platform, too.

Sega Sammy still have the right contacts for system design work. After seeing how well their last console faired technologically against newer competition and how well the 2003 MBX still compares to other entrants today, it'd be exciting to see what PowerVR could do in a new console. Solutions from Renesas would be interesting to see, as well, since it's been a long time coming from the SuperH division they now control.

2009-2010 is a possible window of opportunity.

2. Not when nobody trusts SEGA any more. I loved them in the 16 bit days and during the DC era, but now I won't touch any of their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Not when nobody trusts SEGA any more. I loved them in the 16 bit days and during the DC era, but now I won't touch any of their shit.
    Not much else to say here. I haven't bought a Sega game since PDO if I remember correctly.

4. I might buy another Sega system. I believe they've still got it in them - the new PS looks great, for instance, and they could do alright intially if they launched with a kickass online Virtua Fighter 5 and an exclusive Sonic.

And they still owe us a Shenmue III, dammit.

But I think if they actually were thinking along these lines, SoA selling off Visual Concepts is just about the stupidest thing they could've done. And I don't know if Sammy's got the resources to hang with Sony & MS - it takes alot more than just money.
    -Kyo

5. No one finds it interesting that someone talking about SEGA, called AGES, is trying to save their rep.

I call advertising.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Not much else to say here. I haven't bought a Sega game since PDO if I remember correctly.
    I just picked up JGRF and currently waiting for phantasy star ages series to come out. Also saw space channel 5 pretty cheap someplace so I may pick that up later.

Guess that qualifies me as a loser sega fanboy eh?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

7. Kinda. But if you like it, more power to ya.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rocca
    No one finds it interesting that someone talking about SEGA, called AGES, is trying to save their rep.

I call advertising.
    I caught that too.

Seems he better rethink this propaganda ploy cause he's on the wrong gaming board if he's trying garner support for Sega.

No one here gives a fuck about them anymore.

9. I find it interesting as well that its name is AGES, and that he just posted this info as if we should take it as truth with out a hint of a source or and past credibility.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

10. It's been all about the games for me, so if there are games i want and they are exclusive i'll get the system. Fuck name loyality.