Thread: Xbox Problems

1. Xbox Xbox Problems

I have an Xbox that's starting to fuck up a lot and I'm wondering if anyone at TNL has run into anything similar. It's not a stock Xbox, and when I run anything off of the hd, it freezes up a lot of the time. When it does, I turn it off and it takes 2-5 seconds to actually shut itself off. It also freezes up about 25 percent of the time when I'm starting a game off of a disc. I'm pretty sure it's about dead, and also sure that it's omfgninja's fault, but I'm wondering if it could be anything else besides the hd. The drive is about a year older than the Xbox itself. If it is the hd, how difficult is it to take out and replace? I didn't do it myself the first time, I had someone install it for me.

Any feedback is appreciated.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. check connections, run any defrag/scandisk tools if your dashboard has 'em, etc

3. Taking out and replacing the hard drive is about as easy as it is on a computer. Before you take it out, make sure to FTP all of your stuff that you want (Save Games, Custom Soundtracks, Bios, etc) to your comp, and have an evox (Or Dash of your Choice) bootdisc with config magic on it for your next drive, and remember to lock it.

This might help too...

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/hdd-install2.php

4. Not the stock HD, correct?

If it's 7200 RPM or faster, you may want to look into the 12v fan mod, as things can get pretty toasty inside a modded xbox..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. Make sure you ventilate the plastic HD bay inside of the xbox. That should provide adequate cooling. Blowing the dust out with compressed air also helps.