Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pics of Contra Advance for GBA

1. Originally posted by gameoverDude

It'll be interesting to see if the overhead view levels make it in...
    I really hope they leave the overhead levels on the cutting room floor.

2. Originally posted by Regus

I really hope they leave the overhead levels on the cutting room floor.
    Why? The older Contra games had overhead levels. As long as they're just like the ones from Super Contra and not Contra III, the game will be fine.

Personally (and this is just a matter of opinion), I think that the best Contra games were both of the Arcade ones. Better graphics and music than the NES games and alot more challenging to boot.

3. Guess I'll wait for the reviews before getting excited over this. Sorry folks, taking two games with different graphic styles, characters (design and size), weapon systems, and music styles and mixing them doesn't sound promising. I doubt one of Konami's bigger teams is behind this and even 16 bit titles can be screwed up by a small developer. Both titles added up to 24 megs, no doubt they could have included both and MAYBE offered to let you play characters from one in another. *-neo

4. Two of my favorite games mashed together. I just dont' know about this. The Hardcorps characters where perfect for the Hardcorps world, I'm not sure about having the guy from 3 be the main character. You also have to wonder about weapons. Will the Hardcorps weapons be in this game? The boss stratagies might have to be changed, then again, if they can all be beaten with the regular shooter you come with, then maybe not. Who knows how this will turn out...
    pwned by Ivan