Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sega Pheonix???

1. Whoa Sega Pheonix???

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/20...0527025346.htm

Sega is right know working on a new system (1:34am EST Thu Feb 24 2005)
    Most of you people seem to be great Sega fans,I work for Sega Corporation,Some of my freinds at Sega told me to go online and see how funny some of these message boards are,I told them I am very busy man,they just laughed.So I decided to check it out for my self because I didn't belive them,but now I see it is true,You people are truely great people and yes Sega is very happy to have fans like you.I am a Sega Video Game Designer,on the sonic team,and to answer your questions about if Sega is coming back to the home console systems,My answer is to you yes,just keep watching for the little hints from Sega,They are working on a system that will make sony,xbox,and nintendo,look like childs play.This is the next generation system called the Sega Pheonix.For all you Sega Fans we apperciate your dedication to us.I am a very busy man but lukly for you Sega Fans this is the first website it pulled up for me,so you people are the lucky few that has this information about the new Sega Pheonix.I dont have time to write all these thousands of websites so consider yourselfs the lucky ones,and keep supporting us.If it wasn't for all you great fans we would not be as successful as we are today,we have watched sony,xbox,and nintendo make there mistakes,making sure we don't make the same as them,that is why we have not made a system for so long.And no we are not in any way or form in any finacial problems,we have more then enough money through our company Sega,Sammy,Disney,Ebcot,Universal Studios,SNK,Capcom,and Midway.That is just a few major ones that supports us.We are in no way close to going bankrupt.So don't worry Sega Fans,what I am saying will be posted in our new Sega Vision magazines in November,and it will be live on the news letting are fans know when we are releasing are new Sega Pheonix system,truely a next generation system.That is the only information I am able to tell our fans until Our boss president of Sega of Japan Yuki suzki gives us permission to make live announcements,in magazines,and television.So we thank you for your support and dedication towards Sega and if any of you are interested in becoming a designer,programmer,gametester,and ect,go to our website at www.Sega.com.Once again thanks for your support of the pass and your support of the future,remember if we didn't have such good fans we would not be as successfull as we are today.If it wasn't for all you great fans,I would be without a job along with many of other thousands of people who work for Sega,so you are very important to us.Thank You.
    Sincerely Nathan li and the sonic team. - by Nathan li

2. So, if this is a real system, are the first party games going to be as stellar as Sonic Heroes, because if that's the case, I think they can keep it. :-P
    Seriously, though, I'll believe this when I see a real announcement and not some goon hopping around a message board.

3. You know Sega is in bad shape when they can't even spell the name of their new system right. There's no way I'm taking this seriously. New Sega Visions mag? Japanese boss Yu Suzuki? Please.

4. I feel like I just read the longest run-on sentence ever.

With the current climate in the gaming world, they should just call it the "Jaguar 2". That way there is no confusion when it fails.
    Last edited by toxic; 22 Mar 2005 at 08:24 AM.

5. or they could call it Saturn 2. Or Dreamcast 2. Or 32X 2, or Game Gear 2, or...

6. This news = Bullshit

7. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    This news = Bullshit
    For real. He didnt even spell Phoenix right,

8. Uh, did anyone actually click on the link? Doesn't say jack about a home system, and "Nathan Li" is pretty much the least Japanese name ever, but there is something to this:

Imagination working on new system for Sega

Sega steers itself back toward arcade systems

BLURB

Imagination Technologies, a British technology firm, is working with Sega on its next arcade systems. Imagination owns the graphics accelerator technology called PowerVR, the latest version of which will be used on Sega's new arcade systems. Imagination technology was previously used on Naomi arcade systems and in the Dreamcast. The hardware probably won't be cutting edge, as Sammy prefers to deliver low-cost systems that can be produced quickly. The new arcade system should be delivered by the start of 2005, as stated in the company's financial statements. In the future, Sega is expected to focus on Sammy's Atomiswave because of the recent merger between the two companies. Sega hasn't been doing very well financially; with Sammy's help, Sega is concentrating on the more profitable arcade industry. Imagination's new boards, along with Sammy's Atomiswave arcade cartridge system, should put Sega back on the right track.

------------------------------

So as near as I can tell the big news is that Sammy noticed Naomi was getting a little outdated after 7 years.
    -Kyo

9. SEGA COME BACK (1:58am EST Fri Nov 26 2004)
    SEGA GENESIS CAME UP WITH ALOT OF IDEAS THAT PS OR X-BOX OR NINTENDO WOULD NOT COME UP WITH. LIKE THE SEGA CAME UP WITH THE SATURN IT PLAYED A CD NINTENDO DID NOT HAD A SYSTEM THAT PLAYED A CD GAME. INTEL NOW, YET SEGA INVENTED THE 32X THE SATURN,GENESIS 16BIT, GENESIS 3 AND THE MASTER SYSTEM AND THE DREAM CAST YET SEGA CAME UP WITH AN IDEA THAT IS NOW USE ON XBOX AND PS2 SEGA CAME UP WITH THE SEGA CHANNEL WITCH IT LET YOU DOWNLODE AND PLAY UP TO 50 GAMES AND UNRELEASED GAMES WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT WITH OUT SEGA GENESIS WE WOULD NOT HAVE THE PS2 OR X BOX OR THE GAME CUBE!!!! - by OSCAR

10. Quote Originally Posted by The Dave
    SEGA COME BACK (1:58am EST Fri Nov 26 2004)
    SEGA GENESIS CAME UP WITH ALOT OF IDEAS THAT PS OR X-BOX OR NINTENDO WOULD NOT COME UP WITH. LIKE THE SEGA CAME UP WITH THE SATURN IT PLAYED A CD NINTENDO DID NOT HAD A SYSTEM THAT PLAYED A CD GAME. INTEL NOW, YET SEGA INVENTED THE 32X THE SATURN,GENESIS 16BIT, GENESIS 3 AND THE MASTER SYSTEM AND THE DREAM CAST YET SEGA CAME UP WITH AN IDEA THAT IS NOW USE ON XBOX AND PS2 SEGA CAME UP WITH THE SEGA CHANNEL WITCH IT LET YOU DOWNLODE AND PLAY UP TO 50 GAMES AND UNRELEASED GAMES WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT WITH OUT SEGA GENESIS WE WOULD NOT HAVE THE PS2 OR X BOX OR THE GAME CUBE!!!! - by OSCAR
    My God...
    "You can't run forever, Jack. Not from death, not from your shadow, and not from Ron Silver."