Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur III

1. I like how people whining about online play forget the ps2 has a network adapter too, who knows maybe namco will setup some online services for it...

But it doesn't matter either way to me, my interested died when Soul Edge got old.

2. It's probably too soon to be releasing another SC sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I thought they were probably gonna wait till the next gen consoles came out myself.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

4. Hopefully it's closer to what VF4:FT does than what Tekken 5 does -- T5's customizations are so limited.
    What's new with FT's customization over Evo? I haven't been following it.

5. LamePro April 1st.

6. Fuck Soul Calibur III.

Virtua Fighter 5 comin' like what!?

7. cka, we all know the PS2 has online play available, but why use it when Xbox Live is available?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    I like how people whining about online play forget the ps2 has a network adapter too, who knows maybe namco will setup some online services for it...

But it doesn't matter either way to me, my interested died when Soul Edge got old.
    This is the PS2 you're talking about here -- the same system that for whatever reason "failed" to offer that even in the second installment. (Of course, online play was absent from the Xbox edition too, but that's another story). I'd be surprised if Namco went out of its way to offer online services so it's really not worth the energy getting our hopes up.

sedition: GamePro wouldn't go out of its way to make an April Fools joke out of that. Besides, they'd kill whatever creditability they have left.

9. If Namco did may some online service, that would be worthy of adoration, but they won't. You'll have to direct connect to some IP address you pull off of a google search.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    My interest in the series dwindles as the sequels come out. Fuck this game. If I wanted a game where mashing on random buttons determines the victor, I can pick a much better one than this.
    Button mashing determines the victor if its low level play, but a seasoned player will KILL a button masher. High level play is mostly poking, though.

Its a middle of the road series. SC1 was great to me and SC2 I played for a while but after a while, I realized that it had more flaws than the first. SC2 was like Virtua Fighter 3 to me.

Its a shame that its a PS2 exclusive, but lets be honest, its going to be optimized for the PS2 from the get-go and honestly, after seeing Tekken 5, I actually have faith that it will, at least, look good.