Thread: Your Timesplitters: Future Perfect impressions

1. Your Timesplitters: Future Perfect impressions

So has anyone got the game or thinking of getting it? It's got pretty decent review scores overall, and some of the flaws of previous games (The over-sensitive aiming being on) have been ironed out. I need some more opinions before thinking of buying the game for a full £40. And also is the single player still quite weak?

Review scores...

IGN: 8.8
    Gamespot: 8.1
    Gamerankings: 8.3

2. I got it last night and beat it in under five hours, yet I'm not the least bit disappointed. It seems to me that Free Radical has really taken their style of FPS to its highest level yet. The story is actually funny at times without trying too hard or coming off as cheesy. The single-player missions and levels completely trump the original in terms of both size and atmosphere. I've also been impressed by some of the new weapons they've added (especially in the NeoTokyo era).

Even with beating it on Normal I've only completed 20% of the game, I've just started to dig into the Arcade and Challenge modes, and I can tell they're going to be as fun if not more fun than in TS2.

My one single complaint about this game is that on my version (the Xbox) there seems to be a little bit of slowdown whenever there is a lot of fire on the screen or a really big boss is too close to me.
    Time for a change

3. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    I got it last night and beat it in under five hours, yet I'm not the least bit disappointed. It seems to me that Free Radical has really taken their style of FPS to its highest level yet. The story is actually funny at times without trying too hard or coming off as cheesy. The single-player missions and levels completely trump the original in terms of both size and atmosphere. I've also been impressed by some of the new weapons they've added (especially in the NeoTokyo era).

Even with beating it on Normal I've only completed 20% of the game, I've just started to dig into the Arcade and Challenge modes, and I can tell they're going to be as fun if not more fun than in TS2.

My one single complaint about this game is that on my version (the Xbox) there seems to be a little bit of slowdown whenever there is a lot of fire on the screen or a really big boss is too close to me.
    Well that's one bit of positive feedback, are the SP levels short? TS2 was damn short, although I do hear that there are some impressive moments mainly the....

Level where spitfires attack and you have to use vechiles to fend them off
    I'm glad to see that the Arcade mode is enjoyable, that's what TS2 last so long for me.

4. The Single-Player levels are longer individually (some of them taking up two chapters each), but I think overall there are less of them. The level you're talking about "Scotland the Brave" is a good one, but personally I'm more partial to the 1994 missions and the NeoTokyo one (it has a real Perfect Dark feel to it for me).
    Time for a change

5. Does it have 2 player co-op like the last 2 games?
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. no live support? 720p?

7. Yes it has LIVE Support, 2 player co-op, and I'm not sure about 720p because I'm typing this from on campus. Apparently you can make your own maps then play / trade them over LIVE. Also, you can do all of your challenges in Challenge Mode on LIVE and have them submitted (along with the replay) to the big EA database.

I was doing one of the challenges last night, and after I played it and it uploaded the score I immediately recieved an e-mail from EA (to my yahoo account) thanking me for registering my game and telling me what you get when you win gold / silver / platinum on the stage I was playing.

I haven't played any of the deathmatch stuff over LIVE yet, mostly because I'm worried it'll suck like most of EA's other LIVE components.
    Last edited by g0zen; 23 Mar 2005 at 03:36 PM.
    Time for a change

8. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    I haven't played any of the deathmatch stuff over LIVE yet, mostly because I'm worried it'll suck like most of EA's other LIVE components.
    I'd put money on that.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

9. I'm thinking about picking this up myself, being a TimeSplitters2 freak and all

This is a must have for MrFX.