Page 19 of 145 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you need for the PSP such as guides, programs, emulation, etc is all HERE!

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Rename them in their English phonetic?
    The problem with that is deciding what to use for each kanji. Sometimes, there isn't really an "official" romanji equivilent.

What I wanted to do was one of two things: either have directories sorted by official study order, or have them sorted by stroke order. Then, if the names where in Japanese, you could find the kanji you needed by how it looks. My goal was to have a kanji look-up system for when you don't know what the kanji is, how to pronounce it, etc.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. What official study order would you use though? I'd say go with either stroke order or radicals if it's possible.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. now i can honestly say i havent been following the psp(or this thread) too much, but is there any information regarding emulation and it's progress on the psp? i was hearing alot of little blurbs here and there back in the day about how emulation guys were just waiting to try and port stuff over, but i havent heard any word if they had done so or not yet.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

4. Quote Originally Posted by MrWhitefolks
    now i can honestly say i havent been following the psp(or this thread) too much, but is there any information regarding emulation and it's progress on the psp? i was hearing alot of little blurbs here and there back in the day about how emulation guys were just waiting to try and port stuff over, but i havent heard any word if they had done so or not yet.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...&postcount=177

5. hmmm, sounds interesting. more research (on my part) is deffinitely going to happen.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

6. I guess the challenge now is getting an ELF file to run on PSPs that have the 1.5 firmware upgrade.

It'll still be another six months before we start seeing good emulators on the PSP though.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    I guess the challenge now is getting an ELF file to run on PSPs that have the 1.5 firmware upgrade.

It'll still be another six months before we start seeing good emulators on the PSP though.
    Whoever was playing around with it had the original JAP PSP. Now they'll start to pick on the newer firmwares and see what happens. Atleast its a start and its one step closer to emulation.

With patience, we'll be rewarded. But I'll post stuff up if I find anything new.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    What official study order would you use though? I'd say go with either stroke order or radicals if it's possible.
    The ten level official Japanese government study order. The order that you would study them in if you were going to take the kanji proficiency test.

I prefer the idea of sorting by stroke count, though. Too bad we can't set up smart folders or something to sort each image depending on what you're going for.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. More info on the emulation topic..

Well, the hits just keep on coming.

Paradox has released ISO files of several PSP games.

So far, the following titles are reported to have been ripped:

Vampire_Chronicle_The_Chaos_Tower_JAP_PSP-PARADOX [407.4MB in 29 files].
    Wipeout_Pure_USA_PSP-PARADOX [132.9MB in 10 files].
    Ridge_Racers_JAP_PSP-PARADOX [491.4MB in 35 files].

Read the NFO here

Looks like this, and the other items that have been coming out lately are sparking quite alot of interest in the homebrew code scene.

Also, it should be said that the UMD uses a standard iso9669 format on the disc itself, so the ISO can be burnt and read on a regular cd or dvd.

The games are NOT playable in this format however. That will probablly still take time to figure out.

10. The PSP UMD format has been cracked!

Link

Quote Originally Posted by endga
    Another step forward in the race to crack open the PSP: ps2nfo.com user Paradox worked out how to get a dump from a UMD disc, and has released the ISO files for several PSP games (Wipeout: Pure US, Ridge Racers Japanese, and Vampire Chronicles: The Chaos Tower Japanese).

Also of note, UMD discs use the standard ISO9669 format, so the released ISOs can be burned to regular CDs or DVDs. Know that the games are not yet playable in this format, but it’s a big step forward now that all the reverse engineers out there can get their hands on this stuff.
    Geez, it didn't take them very long.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios