Page 29 of 145 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you need for the PSP such as guides, programs, emulation, etc is all HERE!

1. i want to let you know that if you plan on using the flash to avi encoding program located in the first page; be SURE to set your recording options' "stereo mix" really low or the sound will come out extremely loud and distorted.

i might also be whipping up a quick "how to" for converting videos to smaller size without much quality loss via virtualdub filters if the demand is high enough.

note: currently converting all of homestarrunner.com's Teen Girl Squad(which is comedy fucking gold). i'll let you know how it turns out in a future update/edit.

progress: ok, after finally getting this down i've run into another probable "snag". when turning some 'pre converted' flash files into mp4(via psp video 9), you might get a de-synch in audio(in the case of Teen Girl Squad, the audio would be ahead of the actual cartoon).

so to fix this i took the avi file(which was converted from flash), tossed the sumbitch into quicktime pro, and dumped it as an mp4 file there from there. what this allows you to do is guarentee that you dont have any video/audio problems(just take that mp4 file and toss it in the psp video 9 program and you're good to go).

it's a tad bit of a pain in the ass, but it's worth every damn second i've spent.

note: quicktime pro is not free and for those of you who dont want to pay for it, i'm sure you already have your means to get it.
    Last edited by MrWhitefolks; 24 Jun 2005 at 07:15 AM.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

2. I went nuts with the PSP stuff again tonight and ended up making two simple, generic background's for my NES and Genesis emulators. See below~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp_genesis.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	16115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp_nintendo.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	16116  
    Play Guitar Hero //

3. Well, this isn't a hack or anything -- but it looks like Sony may supposedly be announcing a TV tuner soon (click here for the image.)

Article from PSPhacker:
    Good news for mobile couch potatos: New image of official Sony TV tuner suggests you could soon be watching the box on the go.

If you fancy catching the latest instalment of Big Brother or that all important footie match on the go you could be in luck. Reports suggest that Sony is about to announce a TV tuner for the PSP, and we've got an image of it right here.

You may remember that Sony originally discussed such a piece of kit way back in 2002, but this solid-looking gadget has emerged from sources in Japan. It connects to your PSP via the Memory Stick Duo port and looks surprisingly small.

Sony has not commented on whether the PSP TV tuner will indeed be getting a release any time soon, but the electronics giant has confirmed in the past that it intends to embed TV functionality in its PDAs and hendheld devices.

Edit: I don’t see why Sony wouldn’t pursue this corner in their PSP market. This would really put Nintendo DS in a tight spot if we could watch TV on our PSP amongst everything else, plus it’s already on a memory stick ready to be put in!

4. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    I forget who had the concerns regarding the "update installer" applications saved to your memory stick. I recall now that once you've made the firmware update, it's safe to delete the application(s) from your memory stick. Just updated to 1.52 and it provides a similiar statement after the installation process.
    Sadly, that was me.

But which update lets you play UMD tracks?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Sadly, that was me.

1.52 lets you do that as well as "minor security tweaks."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Interpol
    1.52 lets you do that as well as "minor security tweaks."
    Thanx.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    What does that mean, anyway? Music tracks off the games or some upcoming UMD music discs or what?

8. well, i do have a question for those with the mad psp knowledge. since the free sony psp image converter links are dead on the main page, are there any other intuitive(and free) image porting programs for the psp available?
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    What does that mean, anyway? Music tracks off the games or some upcoming UMD music discs or what?
    It only works on those UMD music productions. I originally got the impression that you'd be able to listen to any of the music from the games itself...sadly, that's not the case.

10. More random boredom :X I couldn't find any Match of the Millenium art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp_ngpc.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	16137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp_sms.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	16138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp_snes.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	16139  
    Play Guitar Hero //