Page 1 of 145 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you need for the PSP such as guides, programs, emulation, etc is all HERE!

1. Everything you need for the PSP such as guides, programs, emulation, etc is all HERE!

Here are some VERY useful stuff to have the full PSP experience. There are downloads, tutorials, websites and other useful information ranging from converting movies, updating firmware, transferring files to PSP, accessories and many more!

Video Converter/Programs:
    · PSP Video 9 <-- Official site for the PSP Video 9 video converter and AVC support.
    · PSP Homebrew 9 <-- It allows you to find, manage and copy PSP homebrew applications between your PC and PSP. It also includes PSPE, a PSP Emulator, allowing you to test these applications on your PC.
    · Rapiz PSP Video Converter (Translated Homepage) <-- Rapiz PSP Video Converter
    · iPSP <-- iPSP (for windows/mac). Many options such as automatic game save backup/management, itune playlist and iPhoto integration, supports .mpg (MPEG), .avi (Video for Windows), .wmv (Windows Media), .mov (QuickTime), .vob (DVD Video Object), .dv (Digital Video), and .m2t (HD Video).
    · PSPWare <-- Sync your PSP with your Mac or Windows. Also integrates with iTunes. Costs $15
    · 3GP v.22 (zip file - Original Homepage / Translated Homepage) <-- 3GP Video Converter. Site to help you use the program (Engadget)
    · Sony Image Converter (JAP - rar file) <-- It is 100% translated to English. It allows you to transfer videos and photos and supports almost every video file type (login required).
    · PSP Multimedia Extender <-- Open source program to load pictures, movies, mp3s on to your PSP
    · Bink Rad Video Tool (exe file - Homepage) <-- Converts .mov files to .avi. Here is a tutorial on how to covert from .mov to .avi.
    · Save Flash File > Flash to Video <-- Use the first link to save the flash file to your computer. Dont need to look for .swf file no more. Then use the second link to save the flash file to video. After you did that, use one of the programs above to convert the file to .mp4.
    · Flash to Video Encoder PRO <-- Convert .swf files .mp4.
    Helpful links (Tutorials, game saves, etc.):
    · Stuck Pixel Finder Video <-- A video to help fix and remove those stuck/dead pixels. Works most of the time.
    · Dead Pixel Checker <-- Put these 6 images onto your Memory Stick and view them. If you see odd colored pixels, you have dead/stuck pixels.
    · PSP Connect <-- Sony's PSP site with tutorial to get videos onto PSP. Has videos to download.
    · Memory Stick PSP <-- Sony's PSP site with tutorial on how to transfer stuff to Memory Stick.
    · MobileDeviant <-- PSP site with game saves to download/upload and other info and files.
    · PSPCrazy <-- PSPCrazy has links to tutorials such as 3GPP, Rapiz, DVD movies to PSP, video encoding. They also have game saves to download and even movies/clips!
    · Tutorial to rip DVDs to PC <-- Tutorial on how to rip DVDs to your comp. Has DVD Decrypter to download.
    · How to get E-books on your PSP <-- Get books onto your PSP.
    · Make MP3s 1/5 the size <-- This will show you how to convert a 5MB .mp3 file to 1.5MB .mp3 file without much loss in sound quality
    · Dismantle PSP <-- Learn how to take apart your PSP.
    · Removing PSP Faceplate <-- Learn how to remove the front faceplate of the PSP. Good for replacing faceplate
    · PSP Tutorials <-- Huge selection of Tutorials to download (login required)
    · Add Subtitles to AVI movie file <-- Tutorial on how to add subtitles to .avi movie file.
    Misc items:
    · Japanese PSP Update v2.00 <-- For those who own a Japanese PSP, you can update the firmware to 2.00. Includes official web browser, new file support, transfer pictures, new video and music settings, "theme settings" added.
    · American PSP Update v1.52 <-- For those who own a US PSP and without wireless connection. Same as Japanese Update.
    How to update the firmware of your PlayStation Portable

- "Network Update" function
    · Enable the wireless network module
    · Select "Network Update"
    · Select your wireless network
    · Follow On-Screen Instructions

- Update from Memory Stick
    · Connect your PSP to your PC via USB cable.
    · Goto the directory /PSP/GAME/ in your memory stick.
    · Create a sub-directory named "UPDATE" (MUST be uppercase)
    · Copy the downloaded PBP file into this directory.
    · Rename it to "EBOOT.PBP" (MUST be uppercase too)
    · Disconnect the PSP from the PC
    · In PSP's XMB interface, goto "Game" -> "Memory Stick"
    · Browse to the Update file and start it.

You will need your power supply available in order to go thru the update. There is always a risk in updating any firmware and we can not help in case of failed updates. Be sure to not interrupt power or remove the memory stick during the upgrade process.
    · WiFi Locator <-- Find what areas around you offer free WiFi.
    · WombatMobile / Fumanchuu / PSP Web Browser Portal / PSP Web Browser w/o Portal <-- Hidden web browser found within WipeOut Pure.
    · MioMediaBox <-- Get RSS feeds on your PSP.
    · PSP Portal Emulator <-- Surf PSP Portals on your PC
    · 1 UMD Multiplayer <-- Use 1 UMD to play multiplayer ad-hoc.
    · Setup Tunneling/Ad-hoc (Homepage / QuickStart Setup / FAQ) <-- Setup WiFi to play non-online PSP games online. Click here for compatible network cards.
    · TXT to JPEG (exe file) <-- Now you can bring your reading material (.txt) in .jpg form where ever you go.
    · PSPhoto 1.0 (zip file) <-- This program will take your photos and fix them to fit on your PSP perfectly.
    · PSP Image Converter <-- Converts image in to resolutions optimal for the PSP
    · 3min Timer / 4min Timer / 5min Timer (Homepage) <-- Most innovative thing for the PSP..Kitchen Timer. There is a 3, 4 and 5 min timer. Simply extract them and toss the MP4 and THM files onto your memory stick in the /MP_ROOT/100MNV01 directory. Thumbnails are included.
    · PSPCoverz <-- Program that lets you customize your Logitech Playgear Pocket case with images.
    · Logitech Case Template (zip file - Homepage) <-- If you have the Logitech Playgear Pocket case and want to hack/modify it by putting an image on it, just use the template provided to get the exact size of it. Contains Photoshop, Paintshop Pro and .png files.
    · Use non-Pro Duo sticks on PSP <-- Use your regular memory sticks on your PSP with this attachment.
    · Llama Adventures / Xbox Repair Guide <-- Purchase PSP parts and accessories.
    Emulation/Homebrew:
    · KXploit (rar file) / (Mirrored Site) <-- Updated version of Swaploit. No swapping needed. THIS DOES NOT WORK ON FIRMWARES 1.51 AND 1.52
    · PSP Brew / PBP Maker / PBP Easy Installer <-- EBOOT loader. May also let you change background, icons and hide corrupt data icons.
    · SeiPSPTool (Homepage) / CDataHider <-- Hide "corrupt data" icon and eboot loader
    · HomebrewPSP <-- MacOS X 10.4.1 or later. Simple drag-and-drop tool to convert Homebrew PSP software for v1.0 PSP's for use on v1.5 PSPs using the 2 Memory Stick boot method. Simply drag an EBOOT.PBP file to the dropwell and click convert, choose your save location and press the Convert button.
    · PochiStyle / PSP Updates (forum) <-- Emulator/Homebrew custom icon and background images. There are alot more sites out there with more images.
    · PSPersonalize <-- Use this program to replace the original PSP backgrounds. By replacing the images, you permanently overwrite the images. Misuse can damage system. Original background images are included.
    · PSPThemes / PSP Updates (forum) / PSPHacks / Custom Backgrounds<-- These sites contain images pre-made to use with PSPersonalize.
    · AllPSPSkins <-- Has programs, templates, single backgrounds and sets for your background as well as for your emulator.
    · PSickoPortable <-- Rearrange your homebrew/emulator icons. Place file in ROOT folder in memory stick.
    · PS2nfo (login required) / PSP Updates / PSP Emulation News <-- Huge selection of Emulators to download
    · PS2nfo (login required) / PSP Updates / PSP Emulation News <-- Huge selection of Applications to download
    · PS2nfo (login required) / PSP Updates / PSP Emulation News <-- Huge selection of Homebrew to download
    · How to run homebrew applications on PSP v1.50 <-- This tutorial shows you how to run emulators and homebrews.
    · PSP v1.50 Single Memory Card Exploit <-- Link to download tutorial (login required)
    · How to fix corrupted Memory Sticks <-- Tutorial on how to format corrupted memory sticks
    · Corrupt Memory Stick Fixer <-- This program will help format your corrupted memory stick. Program will place your files in a temp folder called FOUND. Unfortunately, you wont be able to get pictures out unless you pay for the full version. But this will allow you to save all your files. Once formatted, just copy and paste your homebrew/emulation back.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bandit; 16 Sep 2005 at 01:07 PM.

2. PSP Video 9 looks easy to use...now if I would just try it.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. I used 3GPP, Rapiz, Image Converter 2, iPSP and PSP Video 9. From my own personal experience with these programs, this is what I have to say

3GPP:
    - Easy to use with the help of this site. The program is pretty easy to use but for me, it took forever to convert/encode.

Rapiz:
    - Nice looking program. Everything you need for you to choose the settings is right there infront of you. Just like the 3GPP, it took forever to convert/encode. Has the PSP Movie folder already setup.

Sony Image Converter 2 (used setup & installed versions):
    - The program isnt in english so it was hard. This is the same program that was given as a trial to Japanese owners of the PSP which they can purchase the full version for $10USD. I supplied the english language file but for whatever reason, after replacing the old file, the buttons and stuff didnt show up in english. It still had the "???" as characters instead of actual word.

iPSP:
    - Nice looking program. Converting files was very easy. Everything is pre-setup and will encode the file to work on the PSP. Their program works on Windows and MAC (need to download correct version). Takes awhile to convert tho. Can connect directly to PSP and transfer movie or you can select your own location. I keep getting an error when I convert a file.

PSP Video 9
    - Sweet program. Has a directory for the PSP Movie already. You can also connect to PSP directly to transfer movies. You can choose your own settings from their choices. This is the fastest of the 4 other programs I have used. You can even have your own profile. Unlike the other 4, this has a cropping feature to remove those black bars on your videos (goes by pixel). If you download their bittorrent (Videora), you can get files and have it sent straight to your PSP.

*NOTE: I havent transferred movies over to my PSP yet, since I dont have it in hand yet nor do I have my 512MB Pro Duo cards. But when I do, I will update on PSP Video 9 and iPSP as to which one I liked best. For those who got 3GPP, Rapiz and Sony Image Converter, please post your impressions on program, converting and transferring file.
    Last edited by bandit; 25 Mar 2005 at 06:17 PM.

4. Cool links, but I don't have any newfangled gear to make movies, nor do I have a BB connection. Besides, I won't be using PSP for MP3s, photos, and hardly for movies.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

5. Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits
    Cool links, but I don't have any newfangled gear to make movies, nor do I have a BB connection. Besides, I won't be using PSP for MP3s, photos, and hardly for movies.
    I have no use for MP3s since I have my 5GB Zen Micro and no use for photo viewing, but the movies will come in handy cuz I can bring it to work and watch or watch during my commute. Maybe even watch while I'm driving

You can watch the dvds you have at home and be able to watch it on the PSP.

6. Agreed, that is a cool feature, especially for animes, but is $6x to watch one movie worth it? Then again, you can re-use it. Do >1gig cards exist? Game informer says so, but they are extremely expensive, more than the system itself.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

7. The prices for those will drop, and I'm seriously considering braving Wal-Mart insanity tonight to pick up a PSP.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Go for it man! You'll be glad you did. I can't wait to play Lumines, MGA and Wipe out Pure.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits
    Agreed, that is a cool feature, especially for animes, but is $6x to watch one movie worth it? Then again, you can re-use it. Do >1gig cards exist? Game informer says so, but they are extremely expensive, more than the system itself.
    Its worth it. You can reuse it again and again. Even so, if I get rid of PSP, I can use it for my Sony Digi-cam. Its not like its ONLY for the PSP.

Yes, 1GB Memory Sticks are available. They retail for about $110-140. Sony is coming out with a 2GB for $450. Then again, this is Sony. All their items are overpriced.

10. Any emulators for this thing yet?