Page 15 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you need for the PSP such as guides, programs, emulation, etc is all HERE!

1. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    What, are you using your PSP like a transistor radio? Who in the world would be listening to MP3s on the PSP without using headphones?
    It lets him pretend he's Solid Snake from the old Metal Gears.

2. Figured I'd show off some pics of the MST3K vid I converted to my PSP. I took it for a spin on a roadtrip a little over a week ago, and not only was it so cool to be watching Mystery Science Theater in a car on a portable game system but it is also now one of my favorite episodes. It made the car ride breeze by. I apoligize for the poor picture and color quality of these shots, it's mainly due to my cruddy 4 year old webcam, light reflection and the fact it's a 770 MB VCD/mpeg2 file I sized down to 170 MB so I could fit it on my 256 MB stick. That said, for a B quality vid file it still looks great on the PSP, looks much better than what these pics show. Anyways, here are some pictures of my PSP running "Operation Double 007." A highly recommended episode if you're a MST fan, I plan on burning it to VCD so I can watch it with some friends soon:

Beginning of the show. Close up of Crow in front of camera while Joel, Tom and Gypsy watch some home movies:

Dr. Forrester taunting Joel before the invention exchange:

Joel smarts off to Dr. F:

Crow's invention, the "Bobbing vulture" used to clean up left over meat. haha

Dr. F strangling Frank (as usual):

"Starring" Neil Connery:

Whoo boy, and you thought Elektra was a bad franchise spin off idea:

Ladies and gentleman.....Neil Connery in the role of a lifetime (or literally, THE role of his lifetime heh heh)!

Last edited by 1CCOSA; 11 Apr 2005 at 08:00 PM.

3. The Korean browser thing is a paid service for a couple of reasons. One, you can only use it if you are a member of a certain broadband internet provider. New services means more costs. Second, it has On Demand movies and music. That will probably have a monthly fee plus a seperate fee for each download. I'm sure SONY is most likely going to do the same thing here, except you won't have to be a member of Comcast or SBC or whatever to use it. It'll probably just have the On Demand as an option, or something similar to it.

4. By far, the most creative use for a PSP I've seen to date.

The Kitchen Timer.

Basically, it's a set of 3 mp4 movies that display a simple countdown timer, with a status bar and a cute character that announces the time remaining at 1 minute intervals.

According to the site, the guy made these so he could tell when his cup of ramen was ready to eat. There are 3, 4, and 5 minute versions.

Simple extract them and toss the MP4 and THM files onto your memory stick in the /MP_ROOT/100MNV01 directory. Thumbnails are included.

3 min timer
    4 min timer
    5 min timer

Source

5. Screw the kitchen timer!!! Wheres the damn NES emulators?
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle
    Wheres the damn NES emulators?
    Get cracking.

7. Supposedly Code Warrior is a trial version? I didnt download it myself yet, but someone seems to have cracked the trial period..

Open 'CProgram Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior for PSP\license.dat'

and Notice the first two entries...

Replace the 'Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited' line with:

FEATURE Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited metrowks 5.5 permanent uncounted \
    D683F3FF3C1E HOSTID=ANY ck=194 TS_OK

and Replace the 'Win32_CWIDE_Limited' with this:

FEATURE Win32_CWIDE_Limited metrowks 5.5 permanent uncounted \
    00E825C5615A HOSTID=ANY TS_OK

At the end you should have something like this:

"FEATURE Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited metrowks 5.5 permanent uncounted \
    684E4A905BD3 HOSTID=ANY ck=109
    FEATURE Win32_CWIDE_Limited metrowks 5.5 permanent uncounted \
    2589EF7E8174 HOSTID=ANY ck=112
    FEATURE Win32_Plugins_MIPS_PSP metrowks 1.0 permanent uncounted \
    9773D194EF12 HOSTID=ANY ck=142
    FEATURE WIN32_PLUGINS_PSP_GCC_Adapters metrowks 1.0 permanent \
    uncounted E1E8522BF8C9 HOSTID=ANY ck=176
    FEATURE Win32_COMUTIL_PSP metrowks 1.000 permanent uncounted \
    E0A9CA476ECE HOSTID=ANY ck=132
    FEATURE Win32_MSNET_GAMES metrowks 1.0 permanent uncounted \
    0A0E17AA8CD5 HOSTID=ANY ck=71
    FEATURE Win32_CATS_PSP metrowks 1.0 permanent uncounted 30A3FB520B19 \
    HOSTID=ANY ck=58"

but without the quotes.... Save it and your done!

NOTE: To test it change your computer date to the future and run the program... Should continue to say.. Last Day of Trial... for ever
    Anyone confirm?

8. I have a dvd ripped to my hd, but now there are about 6 files each with about 4 music videos in each file. What software could I use to edit the video and split up each music video into its own file? Something cheap or free would be nice.

9. Quote Originally Posted by perkyskirt
    I have a dvd ripped to my hd, but now there are about 6 files each with about 4 music videos in each file. What software could I use to edit the video and split up each music video into its own file? Something cheap or free would be nice.
    Try this tutorial
    http://discuss.mobiledeviant.com/art...rticle&artid=1

10. · Save Flash File > Flash to Video <-- Use the first link to save the flash file to your computer. Dont need to look for .swf file no more. Then use the second link to save the flash file to video. After you did that, use one of the programs above to convert the file to .mp4.