Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you need for the PSP such as guides, programs, emulation, etc is all HERE!

1. http://www.connect.com/psp/

Sony official site, features layman's video download tutorials and PSP-specific sample videos.

2. Quote Originally Posted by prisoner38911301
    Any emulators for this thing yet?
    No nothing yet. Too soon for it. Plus, how would you open the emulator? Theres no harddrive or anything. I can understand the games being on the MS but if the emulator was on the MS, you would have to take it out inorder to load games. Unless you put both on there but it would have to be small enough. And if you got 2-3 MS' with games, you would have to probably put the emulator on each stick.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    No nothing yet. Too soon for it. Plus, how would you open the emulator? Theres no harddrive or anything. I can understand the games being on the MS but if the emulator was on the MS, you would have to take it out inorder to load games. Unless you put both on there but it would have to be small enough. And if you got 2-3 MS' with games, you would have to probably put the emulator on each stick.
    I dunno how, but I'm sure and really really hope someone finds a way to play roms on the PSP. The PSP is already a justified purchase for me, but roms would make it a steal.

4. Added:

- PSP Multimedia Extender - open source program
    - PSP Connect - tutorial by Sony (thanks Taito)
    - PSPCrazy - has tutorial, game saves and more
    - Sony Image Converter 2 (US) - Buy directly from Sony for $19.99

Info:

- PSP Video 9 now has a version 1 for download.
    Last edited by bandit; 24 Mar 2005 at 02:03 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    I'm not familiar with the Memory Stick format, but I would assume that putting an emulator and games on the same Memory Stick and loading it from one Stick wouldn't be any different than loading a set of ROMs and an emulator from any other removable medium (CD, 3.5" Floppy, USB Drive, what have you). I mean, shit, I remember I'd put Nesticle and anywhere from 3-5 games on one 3.5" and play them on the old 486s in PC Tech class five years ago. Unless there's something I don't know about the Memory Stick format, I just thought loading the games and emulator off it at the same time would work. I know the DC doesn't have a hard drive, but you can play roms on it.

Exactly how powerful is the PSP? I've been wondering if it's powerful enough to eventually run Model 2 games. Not now, obviously, as it just came out... but it'd be nice to be able to play Virtual On on the PSP.
    Last edited by prisoner38911301; 24 Mar 2005 at 03:20 AM. Reason: wrong amount of time for PC tech class

Quote Originally Posted by prisoner38911301
    Exactly how powerful is the PSP? I've been wondering if it's powerful enough to eventually run Model 2 games. Not now, obviously, as it just came out... but it'd be nice to be able to play Virtual On on the PSP.
    The PSP is infinitely more powerful than Sega's Model 2 board. It could probably run three or four Model 2 games at the same time.

7. PSP version update...

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=35566

EDIT: i just converted a whole Naruto episode to my PSP(using 128mb MS) using Video 9 and it looks awesome. you get the option of changing the screen ration and all. sweet stuff.

8. I was screwing around with PSP 9 video converter and I converted a little IGN quicktime movie for a game that was 7MB. I converted it and it turned it into 70MB and it wouldnt fit onto the memory card! Its like a 30 sec clip! WTF!
    Also, PSP 9 has no pictures for the shortcut on the desktop. It just says the PSP 9.

Ok, problem solved pretty easily. Just go into options and adust quality. Can someone tell me which option to use for best quality without making the file larger than the original.

Anyone got a link where I cant download the Ep3 trailer? Everyone I find doesnt let you save it.
    Last edited by SamuraiMoogle; 24 Mar 2005 at 08:00 PM.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

9. LOL! TrunkMonkey is now portable for everyone to enjoy! www.trunkmonkey.com
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle
    Also, PSP 9 has no pictures for the shortcut on the desktop. It just says the PSP 9.
    The icon for it is a PSP

Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    PSP version update...

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=35566

EDIT: i just converted a whole Naruto episode to my PSP(using 128mb MS) using Video 9 and it looks awesome. you get the option of changing the screen ration and all. sweet stuff.
    What settings did you use on Video 9?