Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

1. to cinemania with you

2. http://www.myspace.com/theoffice

10 minute clip. It's not too bad, but obviously not as good as the original.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Steve Carell was hilarious in the scenes I saw. He had a camera following him around the office and he asked his secretery if he'd received any letters or mail. She told him he'd received a fax from corporate, to which he made a bad joke about the garbage being the new corporate filing cabinet.

Then later in the episode his boss from corporate came into the office with a new itinerary and he didn't have it because he threw it into the garbage. He blamed it on his secretary. It was pretty funny, but I'm not sure if an entire series can run on just one character. And maybe it won't, it's only one episode in and the entire first was focused on developing up the boss.

Another funny moment was him coming out of the office to say WAZZZUP to a couple of his employee's. After a minute or two of awkward WAZZZUPs he goes back to his office and lets out a chipper: "Alright, back to work".
    Sounds like a carbon copy of th UK series.

It can't possibly be as good.

4. The first episode was just a pale imitation of the UK version, with all of the humor sucked out.

I've heard later episodes will be original, so there's hope that it'll be good... but I doubt it. Just buy the UK episodes on DVD and forget this exists.

5. Listening to American people talk > Listening to English people talk

6. I dunno, I thought it was funny. I don't see how anybody can deliver these lines line Steve Carrel is delivering them. That line about a doctor not telling a patient he has cancer and the line in that 10 minute clip about Abraham Lincoln attacking racists is hilarious.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Mar 2005 at 01:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. i missed the show but the clip was funny. Colored greens are the best

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I dunno, I thought it was funny. I don't see how anybody can deliver these lines line Steve Carrel is delivering them.
    That was the only thing I didn't like in the clip. He was playing his role like a sitcom character.

I watched it, and it was awful. You can tell it was the spawn of a shitty British show. All of their comedy sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I watched it, and it was awful. You can tell it was the spawn of a shitty British show. All of their comedy sucks.
    I think of all the stupid things you've said, that was the most stupid.