Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    I think of all the stupid things you've said, that was the most stupid.
    I dunno, he's been saying a lot of stupid shit lately. I'm beginning to think he's the worst troll here, actually. I mean, Josh has a personality, and Diff manages to back up what he says, but Yoshi's just... there.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    I think of all the stupid things you've said, that was the most stupid.
    In all the news in the world to believe in, I believe in this news the most.

IATNITWTBIIBITNTM.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. It was just his opinion guys, relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Killjoy.

5. And I like this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Speaking as a huge fan of the original BBC series, last night's premiere wasn't nearly as bad as I thought I would be.

It was weird watching an American cast recycle all the gags from the UK premiere. But the casting is very good, and Steve Carell did a nice job of copying Ricky Gervais while carving out his own comedy rhythm. And the chemistry between the Dawn clone and Time clone is just right.

But too many of the jokes had a forced feeling to them. Carell needs to figure out how to be more passive and less agressive in his humor. This can't be another Seinfeld-style jokey-jokey American comedy, or it will fail. The fact that the American show can't use profane humor also weighs against it.

But I think the pieces are there. It'll be interesting to see the direction the show goes in once they transition to their new, original scripts.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. I've never seen the British version and I thought the US premiere last night was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. I am a diehard fan of the BBC version. have watched it all the way through like 3 or 4 times, and the first season like 10 or 12. And I have to say the U.S. version was pretty damn good. If I had never seen the BBC version and watched the U.S. version I imagine I would be laughing as hard as I did when first saw the BBC version. Its weird seeing this episode since its using the same script. They change british phrases for american ones here and there. But overall it was really well done, as good as you could do I figure.

Also, the first episode is the ONLY one thats going to use a BBC script. All of the next episodes are original. And from the preview of the next episode, it looks like its going to be a great show.

The only thing thats missing really in the U.S. version is that pain you feel for the Boss character, but that will hopefully change in later episodes. Some episodes of the BBC version were very, well sad almost because the Boss character was relising he is such a loser.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    The only thing thats missing really in the U.S. version is that pain you feel for the Boss character, but that will hopefully change in later episodes. Some episodes of the BBC version were very, well sad almost because the Boss character was relising he is such a loser.
    Yeah, but that doesn't come until the end of the first season. Give 'em a little time. But yeah, that's going to be the hardest thing for them to replicate.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    It was pretty funny, but I'm not sure if an entire series can run on just one character. And maybe it won't, it's only one episode in and the entire first was focused on developing up the boss.
    Thats the way the BBC version was, and it worked. I'd say about 90% of the funny stuff involved the boss. Everyone should check it out on DVD. They show it on BBC America sometimes too.