Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5666686970

Thread: The Office

1. Oh man! So, I turned in my two week notice at corporate, applied for a Financial Manager office at a branch (stop laughing), and decided to watch the episodes of the Office where Michael quits. It was emotional.

The end of the season after that was ho-hum, but so is office life. It goes on.

Anyway, Ep 1 of Season 8 has some of the best laughs with the planking shit, Dwight the Enforcer, and Kevin's Warning Signal. LOL

I'm sure the rest of the episodes will turn to shit.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. They brought in my replacement. And, they took my advice on getting an accountant with more experience. And, I was told it would be up to me to determine if she was qualified to do the job. But, I had no choice in choosing her. But, she does have a long experience in accounting and human resources.

I'll miss being my own boss, but I'll enjoy getting paid more.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. So, I watched these on binge during my exodus from my last job.

I thought the eighth season was pretty fucking great with the Andy and California story lines. Then, half way through season nine they ruin it with the bizarre twist of character for Andy from almost losing his job to win Erin, to only a few episodes later ditching her for a three month sailing trip... WTF?? And if that was not enough poorly thought out unnatural drama, a finely crafted fight with Pam and Jim, a first on camera!, is immediately ruined by some lame ass timing of breaking the fourth wall for a romance plot with the boom mic operator. ...of all the times to break the fourth wall with the camera crew... that was the time?? And last but not least, Kevin has become a trite joke of a dummy.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 22 Jul 2014 at 12:57 AM.

4. I finished it. It ended well and tied things up, despite some ridiculous turns. Goodbye, office life.