Page 1 of 70 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

1. The Office

Steve Carrel's new show. All the trailers looked good. I missed it last night, wondering if anyone watched it and if it was any funny?

It got all around bad reviews. I really want to watch the UK version of it first but I've never gotten a chance. They're all out on DVD though.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. I watched it for a bit before going out. It was good from what I saw of it. I liked his character because he wasn't just the typical tyrant boss but the one that tries too hard to fit in for awhile, and finally when he gets some recognition from you tells you to get back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    It got all around bad reviews. I really want to watch the UK version of it first but I've never gotten a chance. They're all out on DVD though.
    Are you thinking of the reality series? This is a sitcom.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I've been hearing it get trashed when compared to the UK version but I haven't seen either. I kind of want to see the US one, though, just because it's set in Scranton, PA, which is the shitty town next to the shitty town I grew up in. Weird. I heard that the crew didn't even visit Scranton let alone actually shoot anything there, but I'm curious to see how it's portrayed.

5. I really wanted to catch this but I forgot all about it. The tv spots for it make it look hilarious.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Are you thinking of the reality series? This is a sitcom.
    The UK version IS a sitcom masked as a reality show. Haven't seen this yet but I liked the UK version and I like Steve Carell but I still have doubts about this one.

7. what network is the USA version on?
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

8. NBC.

9. Steve Carell was hilarious in the scenes I saw. He had a camera following him around the office and he asked his secretery if he'd received any letters or mail. She told him he'd received a fax from corporate, to which he made a bad joke about the garbage being the new corporate filing cabinet.

Then later in the episode his boss from corporate came into the office with a new itinerary and he didn't have it because he threw it into the garbage. He blamed it on his secretary. It was pretty funny, but I'm not sure if an entire series can run on just one character. And maybe it won't, it's only one episode in and the entire first was focused on developing up the boss.

Another funny moment was him coming out of the office to say WAZZZUP to a couple of his employee's. After a minute or two of awkward WAZZZUPs he goes back to his office and lets out a chipper: "Alright, back to work".
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Mar 2005 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. I also want to add that I love all of the office inspired Burger King commercials.

"I'm thinking of a number......"

"uh...14?"

"You're fired."
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."