Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair price for a 3DO- need advice

1. Fair price for a 3DO- need advice

A friend of a friend has a 3DO that they have barely used. I want to buy it off of him, but i dont want to give him an unfair price for it.

I was thinking about giving him $50

any advice would be helpful.

2. Best advice? Save your money.

Unless your buying it for the sake of collect-o-mania there's no reason to own that system.

But if Gotta-have-em-all is your aim then 50 bucks is more than fair.

3. Yeah, I agree with him. Unless you are doing it for collecting reasons don't bother with it. There isn't a game on the system really worth having. And this is coming from someone who actually bought one years back when they were $500.

Damn foolish childhood mistakes...
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

4. I couldn't disagree with the gentlemen above me more. I love the 3DO and there are many great games for it. It was a really great piece of hardware as well. $50 is a good price. Get it and then find Bladeforce, Fifa, Battlesport, Lost Eden, the Shockwaves, and there are several others. You won't be dissapointed.

5. Originally posted by kbuchanan
    I couldn't disagree with the gentlemen above me more. I love the 3DO and there are many great games for it. It was a really great piece of hardware as well. $50 is a good price. Get it and then find Bladeforce, Fifa, Battlesport, Lost Eden, the Shockwaves, and there are several others. You won't be dissapointed.
    WHAT?!? How dare you contradict me?

6. But I did call you a gentleman though.

7. i'm with kbuchanan on this one. $50 for a 3do is a steal, in my opinion. the system has some really good games, such as...

captain quazar
    bladeforce
    d
    super street fighter 2: turbo
    lucienne's quest
    guardian war
    out of this world
    flashback
    road rash
    star control 2
    wolfenstein 3d

and many more.

just curious, is it the fz-1 (front loader) or fz-10 (top loader)? if it's the fz-10, then that's a really good deal.

8. Originally posted by Nash

just curious, is it the fz-1 (front loader) or fz-10 (top loader)? if it's the fz-10, then that's a really good deal.
    Its the original front-loader. Its in excellent quality because it has barely been used. Is the FZ-10 any better/rarer than the front loader?

9. Originally posted by Zerodash

Its the original front-loader. Its in excellent quality because it has barely been used. Is the FZ-10 any better/rarer than the front loader?
    i'm not sure about how rare it is, but it's more sought after. now i don't know if that's due to it being rarer or that people just like it more. however, i do know that i prefer the top loader to the front loader for 3 reasons...

1) you can manage the internal memory (game files and such) without using a sampler disc.

2) it's smaller and lighter.

3) the controller that comes with the fz-10 feels a little better.