Thread: Sengoku 3 - Neo MVS

1. Sengoku 3 - Neo MVS

I just got Sengoku 3 yesterday. Brand new MVS kit for about $100. I think it's a fine game. I bought it from www.mdgamesales.com. I think they have a ton of them. All new kits too.

2. I've been very tempted to pick it up, but I've heard mixed reviews on the neo-geo.com boards. Most people complained about the lack of replay value. I already spent this month's budget on an xbox, but I'd be curious to hear any thoughts on that since its still on my "possible buy" list.

3. It's a decent game, but yeah, it does lack replay value. If you're into beat-em-ups you might like it.

4. I've plunked a few quarters into this one, and it is one of the better beat em' up's out there. Even has a combo system.

5. ...

The combo system is awesome in this game and each character can dash by tapping twice in a direction--you can sometimes do almost infinite combos on enemies by combining attacks with dash...

Plus there's some unlockable characters...

I dunno, I played through the game and still enjoy playing it again...It's the same with other beat 'em ups such as Streets of Rage 2-- if you like the game, you'll want to replay it. The difficulty is decent as well...

If I had a cabinet, I would definitely pay $100 for this game...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

I played it in the arcades a couple times. It's definitely one of the better beat 'em ups to come along in a while. If it ever gets ported to a "regular" console, I will buy it.

7. Thanks for the impressions. I might give it a shot the next time I pick up some MVS carts. I haven't played a good beat em up since Final Fight.

8. It's an alright game. It's alot more repetetive that the usual beat em'ups and you constantly fight the same 3 or 4 enemies. The game also borderlines on extremely frustrating at some points and the last boss is a bitch. Yeah theres "unlockable" characters(2 i think) but you can't use them from the beginning of the game. You have to defeat them(Which is about halfway through the game or more) and then you can start using the.The game shares almost nothing in common with Sengoku 1 or 2(Enemies are sorta similar) but the style,animation and sounds are very good though. It's still a pretty fun game, dunno if I'd pay $100 for it, $30-40 would be more like it, unless I was a Neo*Geo game collector.

9. Sengoku 3 has some nice character designs (especially Kagetsura and Falcon). Unfortunately, the enemies get quite repetitive.

I can think of nastier words to describe that last boss than "a bitch", but I can't say them here. Some of his attacks are quite cheap. I miss the transforming ability from the first two games. I once read that this game wasn't developed as a Sengoku title to start with but rather SNK lent the name to it for recognizability's sake.

At $100, I may pass. If PS2 or Xbox got it for $50- I'd buy it.