Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3,XBOX2,Revolution's graphical power

1. PS3,XBOX2,Revolution's graphical power

The latest of EGM's rumor section had info on the PS3 being WAY more powerful than the new XBOX. Now if the rumors are true and the XBOX2 is going to be out this year it would put it out what seems to be a year ahead of the competition.

If all that is true it is easy to see that the XBOX2 could conceivably be the weakest of the 3. My question is, how much of a difference will we see between the 3 even if there is a huge difference? At some point we are going to hit the point of diminishing returns and with non HDTVs I'm not sure they would be able to tell much of a difference at all.

Discuss.

***Can a mod put this in Gaming Forum? I accidentally put it in the artist's block section.
    Last edited by Glass Joe; 27 Mar 2005 at 11:00 AM. Reason: posted in wrong area by accident

2. laffo moved

If you don't have an HDTV, you might as well not be gaming anymore. The days of the RF, AV, S-Video, etc. are over and have been for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    If you don't have an HDTV, you might as well not be gaming anymore. The days of the RF, AV, S-Video, etc. are over and have been for several years.
    I don't have money for that and I rather put whatever I have towards new consoles. Playing the games is more important to me than having maximum visuals.

It would be nice if all consoles could use a VGA monitor without an adapter though.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    It would be nice if all consoles could use a VGA monitor without an adapter though.
    I agree completely with this statement.

6. Maybe Sony's just blowing smoke up everyone ass like they did with the PS2. Toy Story quality graphics my ass!

I'm not sure if bringing the Xbox 2 out 1 year early is smart or not. PSone and PS2 came out a year earlier than everything else and look where it got them. Dreamcast came out a year earlier than PS2 and look where that went.

On the otherhand, EA is now on XBox. So if a new version of Madden launches with the Xbox 2, maybe that will help to get people to buy one. I believe not having EA on Dreamcast really did hurt it. I could care less about Madden, I just want to see whats launching for Xbox 2 on Live.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle
    PSone and PS2 came out a year earlier than everything else and look where it got them.
    Bloody fucking rich and #1?

8. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle
    Dreamcast came out a year earlier than PS2 and look where that went.
    An early death and its maker exiting the console first-party market?
    No gnus is good gnus.

9. Other than graphics, what does the next generation really have to offer? It will be the same games we play now with a new paint job. Oh, and they will all have online capabilities. However, I don't think that lag (or crappy online players) is going to go away anytime soon- so it will be no different from today's online experiences.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    Other than graphics, what does the next generation really have to offer? It will be the same games we play now with a new paint job. Oh, and they will all have online capabilities. However, I don't think that lag (or crappy online players) is going to go away anytime soon- so it will be no different from today's online experiences.
    What about games like GTA actually looking the way they should? That I look forward to.