Thread: Firefox and background music

1. Firefox and background music

Is there a way to hear mp3 and wma background music on a website using Firefox? I can hear them fine on IE, but I can't hear it on Firefox.

2. get the bgm conductor extension, I have it and background audio works fine

3. I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

4. I concur with Mike's sentiments.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. I actually installed that bgm conductor extension last night after searching around the web and what-not, and it still didn't work. I even installed Active X into my Firefox. Oh well...

6. chances are you are using the "embed" command on the web page. That command only works with IE....Netscape and Firefox will not work using that command. In order to have background music on a web page, you will have to use javascript.

You should be able to find them at www.javascriptsource.com

****FYI, background music on a web page is usually viewed as an annoyance to most users...especially when there is truly no way for the end user to turn it off. So it is not recommended****

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal
    I actually installed that bgm conductor extension last night after searching around the web and what-not, and it still didn't work. I even installed Active X into my Firefox. Oh well...
    Did you configure it to rewrite <embed> to <bgsound> or however that works? (extension manager -> highlight it, click 'options')

8. Yeah. It's probably just the pages I'm viewing... Dumb Xanga pages. Thanks for the help anyways, guys!