Page 1 of 45 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Inglourious Basterds

1. Yield Inglourious Basterds

This is going to be Quentin's take on the World War 2 genre of movies.It's supposed to be about a group of disgraced U.S. soldiers during WW2 who go AWOL and are scheduled to be executed for it.The only way they can get out of it is to take on suicidal missions in Nazi Germany for the Allies. Sounds cool.But, This movie sounds ambitious mainly because of who Quentin Tarantino wants to star in it:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050328a.php
    "Pulp Fiction" director Quentin Tarantino hopes to team Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger for his WW2 epic "Inglorious Bastards" reports The Arnold Fans.

The man himself is quoted as saying: "I've said it once and I am going to say it again. I want Bruce, Sly and Arnold for my World War II epic. I have always dream of having these 3 superstars together in a movie. Initially Inglorious Bastards was suppose to be in production way back in 1998 with these casts but I shifted my attention on my other projects such as Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction and Sin City. And right now I think it's the best time to have them. I am very well free right now to focus on this big project that I have had in mind for quite a number of years."said Tarantino. "I am very well getting this into production this year for a 2006 release".

What about Arnold being governor, doesn't that cause a problem? "Yes he is Governor and he has his movie coming up by 2006 called The Kid and I... so I hope he can make it for my movie too. We'll see. Maybe during the holidays. We'll shoot the movie quickly. It's possible." At present the only cast that has officially joined the project is Michael Madsen.
    That would be cool as hell if he got Willis, Ahnold,and Stallone. I can see Arnold right now with a big ole cigar sticking out of the side of his mouth, blow torch in one hand and machine gun (or whatever came close to it at that time) in the other,cranking out lines like, "Hitla, I have my own Axis of fea" while throwing a huge axe at Adolph.

Make it happen Tarantino.
    Last edited by sleeve; 12 Feb 2009 at 06:36 PM.

2. I've known about Inglorious Bastards for some time. It looks great, and I can't wait to see the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I've known about Inglorious Bastards for some time. It looks great, and I can't wait to see the results.

Cool. Yeah, this is the first I've heard of it was today while browsing through DH.
    Even if he doesnt get the Big Three, I'm kind of interested to see what a Tarantino war movie will be like so, I'm sure it'll be worth the price of admission.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Cool. Yeah, this is the first I've heard of it was today while browsing through DH.
    Even if he doesnt get the Big Three, I'm kind of interested to see what a Tarantino war movie will be like so, I'm sure it'll be worth the price of admission.
    He'll get Willis. Tarantino has a knack for revitalizing old actors careers (Travolta), so Stallone would do well to sign up as fast as he could. Arnold'll be the hard one methinks.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

This is similar to my idea for "Bad Action Heroes" where Sly and Arnold teamup to defeat the evil forces of VanDamme and Segal.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. I think Bruce Willis and QT have a fairly good working relationship after Pulp Fiction and Sin City. Stalone probably needs the work.

Arnold needs to play a Nazi.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. These guys are getting a bit old to be playing a group of regular soldiers, don't ya think? Either way. it should still be pretty friggin sweet.
    your mom

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    These guys are getting a bit old to be playing a group of regular soldiers, don't ya think? Either way. it should still be pretty friggin sweet.
    Nah there were really old dudes in the war. You can be in the military until you retire at 60, remember.

As long as the cast doesn't end up Tom Hanks, Colin Farell and Ben Affleck.

Leonardo D as well should not be in this film.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    Leonardo D as well should not be in this film.
    Not even to play "Nazi Soldier C who gets shot in the nuts with a sherman tank round"?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.