Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Game Informer insider on Revolution controller...

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    I seem to remember Iwata or whoever explicitly stating that the Revolution's big innovation would not be a touch screen. So I don't know how much stock to put into GI.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    Nintendo's next system has been confirmed to be backwards compatible with Gamecube games. Makes this entirely touchscreened controller rumor seem pretty silly, but whatever.
    Like I said this rumor was pretty much debunked months ago but TNL is slow on the uptake
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Whatever the truth turns out to be- Nintendo would do just fine as a 'niche' or 'novelty' gaming platform. If the revolution turns out to be truly different, Nintendo may very well become the Moxie Cola of gaming. Sony and MS would be the Coke and Pepsi.

3. Less than two months till E3... Less than two months till E3...

If I had to take any stab in the dark is that the Revolution is going to have a controller with a touch screen in the middle of it. But, hey, whatever.

Like I've said before, I love Nintendo. They're one of the few companies that can make a game that I enjoy for more than a month. Whatever they want to do is golden with me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    How dare Nintendo try to raise the bar with ports and further the industry with innovation.
    Dude, im laughing at the ignorance that was this post... a failure this will be before it even hits shelves...

5. I'm going to have to agree with JMET on this. If Nintendo does something really goofy its going to get raped. The Cube only sold last X-mas because it was $99 + a controller and game. If Xbox 2 and PS3 look that much better and play the old games Nintendo will get SPANKED HARD. I know its hard to choke down but Nintendos' next system is not sounding good.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog007
    I'm going to have to agree with JMET on this. If Nintendo does something really goofy its going to get raped. The Cube only sold last X-mas because it was $99 + a controller and game. If Xbox 2 and PS3 look that much better and play the old games Nintendo will get SPANKED HARD. I know its hard to choke down but Nintendos' next system is not sounding good.
    Nintendo can't seem to seperate "innovation" and "gimmick" anymore, and though I think it's nice that they want to take risks with hardware, I wish they'd just give us some good games. I personally am most interested in the next Xbox and couldn't give a shit about Revolution or PS3 at the moment, because Microsoft has given me what I want most: a seamless online experience that looks to be getting nothing but better next generation. Nintendo can't bank on people's nostalgia anymore, half the kids playing games these days don't remember Nintendo pre-N64, and Nintendo has sucked pretty hard since then.

I wish they'd realize that nobody's going to want to play their games with some fucking touchscreen gyroscope mind control device if the games aren't getting any better.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    To paraphrase Spinal Tap, the PSP has a more discerning audience.
    To paraphrase "This is Spinal Tap":

- This Revolution controller is custom made just for me. It has a touch screen that goes up to 11.

- Well, why dont you just use a normal controller that goes to 10.

- But...uh... this one goes to 11.

8. JMET, I never said it would be a commercial success. Hell, if it is, I'd be shocked. As has been said before, Nintendo being a niche console could work out well. We've got two months to go until we found out some actual info on this thing, so it's merely a matter of time until we see how this all plays out.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    How dare Nintendo try to raise the bar with ports and further the industry with innovation.
    Dude, innovation is fine, but that doesn't make this not retarded. It's like if all NES games used ROB and/or the Power Pad. This is cool as a special controller, but to forgo the proven conventional controller is prety stupid.

10. If the Revolution really ends up being backwards compatable with the GC (as current rumors suggest), then you can be assured that some kind of conventional controller is in store...