Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Game Informer insider on Revolution controller...

1. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    If the Revolution really ends up being backwards compatable with the GC (as current rumors suggest), then you can be assured that some kind of conventional controller is in store...

that's not a rumor Iwata confirmed it would be
    AGES AGO
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. This is from an Ex-Sega fanboy to the Nintendo fanboys:

Abandon ship. Its a lot easier to break away now then when the entire thing goes down in flames.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    This is from an Ex-Sega fanboy to the Nintendo fanboys:

Abandon ship. Its a lot easier to break away now then when the entire thing goes down in flames.
    It's too late for them. Sega never released a console with third party support as bad as the GameCube's after the SMS.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    The DS was a success? Sure a lot of people got it, but how many people are actually satisfied with it? I know I'm not.
    I am most definitely not satisfied with my DS ...

The technology making this idea possible, the touch screen, blows. But the idea of having a completely customized controller for each game is awesome in theory. If we were at a point in technology where this could actually be pulled off, it could be amazingly awesome.

5. The DS kirby game looks very cool, and that pac-pix. No one here cares though.

6. I hadn't heard that the Revolution will be backwards compatible until this thread. I see it was announced earlier this month. I've been buying PS2 games instead of Gamecube because of that issue. I'll probably pick up a bunch of great Gamecube titles now, thanks.
    No gnus is good gnus.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar
    The DS kirby game looks very cool, and that pac-pix. No one here cares though.
    I care.

8. Guys, this sounds like some kind of rumor. I'm surprised it wasn't debunked ages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Dude, innovation is fine, but that doesn't make this not retarded. It's like if all NES games used ROB and/or the Power Pad. This is cool as a special controller, but to forgo the proven conventional controller is prety stupid.
    Ditto. There's a fine line between innovation and gimmickry.

10. http://www.demo.com/demo2/demonstrat...deo/novint.asx

This video's makeing the rounds on message boards that are speculating what may be in store for the Revolution.

Originally Posted by omlette @ gamefaqs
    After watching this and thinking about some of the things Nintendo has said a few alarms have been set off. First off, hasn't Miyamoto been quoted that he's working on games that you can feel? Also, although the source is of a questionable nature, it was said that someone at Nintendo said "touching is good, but feeling is better!" Another thing to notice is the lack of Dpad and (unless I'm missing something) face buttons. It certainly appears simple, which is what Iwata is stressing for the next gen, and it could certainly be used for some unique types of games that haven't been done before.

The last thing to mention is that at the end of the video he mentions that they have several "gaming partners" to help make this mainstream.

Now, this could be way off or completely wrong even. But this is certainly something to think about."
    In this interveiw with Tom Anderson, Novint's founder, president and CEO, he states:

"The company is talking to some console makers - such as Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo - about adding the Falcon to their next-generation systems."

Of course there are a number of reasons why this should all be taken with a grain of salt.