Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandia 3 announced for PS2.

1. Grandia 3 announced for PS2.

Apparently in the latest Famitsu. I'll post scans if they become available.

Despite the bad taste G2 left in my mouth, from the time I put into G1, it was great, and I still love the series' battle system, so I'm definitely interested in this. Anyway, shit, it's insane how much the PS2 is utterly dominating this year (though, to be fair, you could say the same for every year since it launched) in software. This may very well wind up the best year in PS2 software ever, which is saying a hell of a lot.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Grandia, Skies of Arcadia, and Grandia 2 are my three favorite RPGs of all time, in that order. However, I heard both the PS2 Grandias were cock-tastic. Makes me kinda iffy about this game.

3. Hot lickity shit, a new Grandia! I was beginning to wonder if they had abandoned it after the weak Xtreme...

Here's hoping it turns out better!

4. after g2 they can keep it, g1 was great, g2 was a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Did everyone play the PS2 version, or what's going on?

6. I enjoyed Grandia 2 on DC, not sure what's up everyone's ass about it now.

7. How can you people forget Grandia Xtreme Legends? I mean aside from it being totally forgettable, obviously.

I'll be mildly interested in this one. Grandia PS1 was great but way too long for my tastes, and I've still hardly touched Grandia 2. I supposed it all depends on if it's a throwback to the first game's more carefree, fun tone.

James

8. I have the pc version of Grandia 2 and I was totally disappointed. Its a direct port of the ps2 version except the magic that was full motion video looks like compressed pixel hell. The game itself is nowhere near as good as the excellent saturn Grandia. I haven't tried out the ps1 version though.

The original Grandia had some great locations and huge towns that had lots of detail (for a saturn game) and each had its own personal look and style. Grandia 2 seemed so generic to me. If it wasn't for the battle engine i would never have bothered with the game at all.

I hope part 3 turns out well but after part 2 my hopes are not too high.

9. I loved Grandia 2. It was the most by-the-book RPG I've ever played with a painfully generic plot, but it was charming nonetheless. The combat engine didn't hurt, it's my favorite RPG combat engine ever. I would have liked Grandia Xtreme from what I hear... that engine + random dungeons = yes. I can't get into JRPGs anymore, maybe a third Grandia would get me back.

10. I do whole-heartedly believe that Grandia's battle system, properly evolved (Like it was in Grandia Xtreme) coupled with a great setting, mood and plotline (Grandia) would make one of the best RPG's ever. The system is just so clever.
    I've never felt TENSE like I have in a Grandia battle. It's always about "will my command zone clear fast enough to interrupt this guy's move?" You're literally boiling in anticipation until it all fizzles out.

The only problem was, in G2, they streamlined a lot, especially in the magic department. Just leveling up eggs with coins from end-battle? No! Make me cast snooze on 20 buffalo like I had to in Grandia to skill my water up!