Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitch Hedberg Apparently Died last night..

1. Someone asked me if I wanted a frozen bannana and I said no...but I wanted a regular bannana later so...yeah.

2. http://www.comedycentral.com/standup...ch_hedberg.xml

Well, that just killed any hopes I still had it was a joke..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

3. Pacrappa and I went to see him live in Seattle and he was so drugged out and drunk that he threw up all over himself in the first show without telling any jokes and didn't even make it to the second show (which I stood in line for like 3 hours for, I didn't see the first show). This was a long time coming, he had gangrene in his leg like 6 months ago and they were supposedly going to amputate it.

I was pissed at him for being a dick and not even being able to perform he was so wasted, but he didn't deserve to die. He was a funny mofo and it is a shame he couldn't man up and get his life together.

4. I was lucky enough to see him sober or relatively sober as I'm sure he smoked up to relax before a show. He could've been bigger than anybody -- he was better than 90% of the comics out there.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    It really, really better be.
    im with mzo, he was a really talented comic, probably my favorite in the current generation. it would be a real tragedy to lose him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

6. A friend of my girlfriend went to see him on Saturday in Richmond and he didn't show up. Probably out doing... far too much heroin.

7. Quote Originally Posted by soundwave
    I was lucky enough to see him sober or relatively sober as I'm sure he smoked up to relax before a show. He could've been bigger than anybody -- he was better than 90% of the comics out there.
    Mitch was definately on his way up. His joke writing skills were phenomenal, during a time when most comics just rely on delivery. He will be missed.

This is the only celebrity death I've actually felt in probably forever.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    This is the only celebrity death I've actually felt in probably forever.
    Brings back memories of Bill Hicks...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Mitch was definately on his way up. His joke writing skills were phenomenal, during a time when most comics just rely on delivery. He will be missed.
    that was the thing though, he had exceptional delivery too. the writing was great, his on stage personality was great, everything worked. this is a waste, he could have been so much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.