Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 LastLast

Thread: May EGM issue: Mario Kart DS to have online.

1. No, but I'm sure you should be able to, right Ninjas?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. All of us that were making the lengthy posts were just stating there are some things to be done before Nintendo gets back on good grounds with us. Us gamers, ninjas, chux, Thief and I are all excited to get the damn game, but 2005 is here already. Online modes for console games (or I guess in this case, portable games) is standard fare, and it takes a little more for us to praise Nintendos actions by just adding competetive multiplayer.

3. I'm excited. And I could give two shits about when online play came into consoles.

4. If you think we don't like this news, you're not reading the fucking thread, it's that simple.

I just wish I had gotten a PSP instead because... I haven't been interested in buying any games for the DS. I've only used it as an improved GBA and I honestly regret it. I feel more like I've been suckered by a used car salesmen than I had invested into a good wholesome system, and that dissapoints me.

But as I said it's my fault.

Mario kart DS is the first DS game to have my interest and well, that interest could have been well placed into the PSP and Lumines.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    The touch screen could also lend itself very well to the RTS genre.
    Shogun Warrior: The Lost Army

http://ds.ign.com/articles/601/601648p1.html
    No gnus is good gnus.

6. Geen: Mario Kart + Online = Yayness! What more of a dicussion is there to this?
    Agreed.

"MS and Sony are doing everything right"? Wow, my bias-ignorance detector is going flippin' crazy. We all know Sony has never had any hardware problems and how convenient it was of MS to blatantly lie to "hardcore fans" by saying the XBox would play import games with no need for a mod to name a few slip ups by the infallible, non-stop fan-pleasing wizards at Sony and MS.

It also blows my mind that people say we "shouldn't care" Mario Kart will be online since it's such an old series, it's "too late," never mind the fact it's a proven series and we have been waiting for it to be online a long time. Any way you SPIN IT or politicize it, online play in Mario Kart will add a lot of extra replay value (which was already there). Plus it will be great to see how far we can respectively sharpen our skills when we occasionally run up against a rival that may be far more skilled than a friend we know in real life who we are used to playing.

You don't like Nintendo and think they are getting stale? Fine. But don't tell me it isn't a nice gesture to give us free online games. Nintendo's online needs improvement, but hey, we're gonna get some awesome online games and free. Sony sure doesn't have a very good handle on online gaming either after several years but I know I'll take advantage of it as a nice bonus nonetheless when I get my slimline PS2 in a few months.

Also Wipeout and Ridge Racer are each only 4 years younger respectfully than MK if ya wanna split hairs. All good series though.

I like my DS and I like my PSP, both will have great games this year on and offline. End of story.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 05 Apr 2005 at 07:05 PM.

7. No one is fucking saying that it's too late for Mario Kart to be online, no one is saying we shouldn't care mario kart will be online WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW NINTENDO ONLY DOES IT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE DOES, AND UNTIL THEN THEY SIT ON THEIR ASS AND HOARD MONEY.

Thank god for competition, because if it weren't for Sony and Microsoft, there would be jack shit on the DS.

8. Thief-Silver, did you miss the "too little, TOO LATE" post on the first page?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. Nope I definitely did not, and that I took was in reference to the fact that Nintendo didn't release a single game with online play until after the PSP was released.

10. There have been online components in Mario Kart games before. Mario Kart Advance had them in Japan. It sucks that, PSO aside, Japan has been the only place to have experienced Nintendo's stuff like the mobile adaptor, randnet, or the satellaview.