Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: May EGM issue: Mario Kart DS to have online.

1. Nintendo is 5 years too late on damn near everything, and had their thumbs up their asses when Sony and MS were going online. How are they trying to fix it? By telling their consumers that they don't need online, and that they need gimmicky hardware...I guess Geen is right, they're not clueless.

Fuck you Nintendo, fuck you in your stupid ass.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Not when a good Gamecube game comes out once every 4 months.
    Still doesn't change the fact that some of the most enjoyible games this generation have been on the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance for me.

3. Sucks for you.

Don't get me wrong, every now and then the gamecube has something worthwhile, Viewtiful Joe (When it was Exclusive), Resident Evil 4, Tales of Symphonia, Twin Snakes, F-Zero... but only one of them was made by Nintendo. One was a remake, two of them are ported, and ToS was on PS2 in Japan.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    ... telling their consumers that they don't need online...
    That was a stupid decession on their part. I can respect them saying that they wanted to wait for when they can do it without charging the customer for online play and still making a profit off of running the service, but just blurting out that consumers didn't want online gameplay because Hot Shots Golf Fore didn't sell as well as HSG3 is just plan dumb. No arguement there.

5. If Nintendo's plan was to release an online game that we've played 7 years ago right after people start getting tired of playing Wipeout Pure, well, good job.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Sucks for you.
    If enjoying games sucks for me, than, um, yes? I'm not biased. I call `em as I see `em and play games that interest me. So, whatever.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Geen
    I don't believe this news. Sony and Microsoft doing everything right? Like what? It took them nearly two years for Halo to finally get online and the rest of their online selection, with the exception of Street Fighter, is rather weak if you're not into PC style games on consoles. Sony's online plan is hardly nothing to take notice of either unless you like sport games, military games, or first person shooters as well (Although I can't speak for Ratchet and Clank 3, which does look like a lot of fun online).
    Of course I can only speak for myself, but Mario Kart online is more appealing than anything Microsoft or Sony has brought to the online table thus far and the first step to seeing some of my favorite games come online in the future.
    Say what you will, but Nintendo still seems to make more enjoyible games than most other companies in this industry. I really believe that most people are just so blind-sighted by stupid video game politics that they need to add a negitave spin to it.
    The thing is that you're not explaining yourself. You say quote "Sony's online plan is hardly nothing to take notice of either unless you like sport games, military games, or first person shooters..." so uh... have you played games in the last 5 years? People LOVE this stuff. That's exactly the reason why the market is flooded with dozens of WWII shooters. I hate sports games personally, but the world around me doesn't. No matter what Madden 2006 looks like, people will buy it.

Also, IIRC Nintendo's games are selling very poorly this generation. The games that people REALLY want to play (and I'm basing this off statistics. Cold hard facts that have been proven) are either going through some gaming rennosiance with the DS that no one really cares about (in terms of the new features the DS provides) or are lackluster follow ups that add one or two new features and pretty graphics. Some examples? The Pokemon series, which also happens to be one of the best selling series of all time. The Mario series, which is now whored out to every genre imaginable in which other companys inevitably make it better. The fact is that Nintendo is giving us too little, too late. the GCN is STILL a very capable piece of hardware that has practically been shunned by the entire gaming comunity for it's lack of 3rd party support, it's non-ability to play DVD's (which was a big thing for Xbox and Ps2 owners) and it's overall childish feel. That, and Nintendo took it's sweet ass time developing every game, which may or may not be a bad thing, and made us play these boring titles in the mean time.

While the online revolution hit around 02-03 for consoles, Nintendo was working on an updated version of Mario 64. While Sony was working on its new portable handhed, Nintendo was working on adding a second screen to Mario 64, complete with mini games and a few extra levels. See the trend here? They are behind the times, and they deserve to get a quick slap in the face to tell them "Hey, you old bitches. The days of "Oh! Lets make our games accessible to 2 year olds so our revenue can double!" are over.

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Mario Kart Super Circuit sold poorly.

8. I'm sorry for replying so many times today, but I can't help myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocca
    If Nintendo's plan was to release an online game that we've played 7 years ago right after people start getting tired of playing Wipeout Pure, well, good job.
    Despite the fact that this is a new Mario Kart game? How is this going online any different from Wipeout Pure going online with the PSP? Wipeout has been around for at least 8 years or so.

9. Like I said, gimmicky hardware, and rehashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geen
    I'm sorry for replying so many times today, but I can't help myself...

Despite the fact that this is a new Mario Kart game? How is this going online any different from Wipeout Pure going online with the PSP? Wipeout has been around for at least 8 years or so.

Mario Kart is 3 years older than Wipeout, and Wipeout still beat them out the door, concerning Online.

10. Where is it online? A tunneling service? weeee