Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 57891011 ... LastLast

Thread: May EGM issue: Mario Kart DS to have online.

LOL Guest
    I don't see any sales figures except one throwaway comment that MK GBA sold poorly. Why do you care what the sales figures are anyway?

You're allowed to like shitty games, but to a large percentage of people, Nintendo is behind in just about every single possible way (public perception, 3rd party support, online, game quality, innovation, too many gimmicks, etc). That's all we're trying to say. Nintendo 2000-2005 is nowhere near as awesome as Nintendo 1985-1995.

2. IAWTP

3. Quote Originally Posted by Geen
    If Mario Sunshine is just an "updated version of Mario 64" than every company is just turning out updates after updates since the majority of the market is flooded with sequels. Like it or hate it, Mario Sunshine is it's own fucking game. Get over it.
    Nintendo has said in many interviews "Mario Sunshine is an expanded version of Mario 64." Is this not obvious? And I loved Mario Sunshine. My favorite game on GCN, as a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Geen
    Compared to Sony who was just getting 3rd Parties to port over their last PS2 games and do nothing overally original at all. I see Yoshi Touch N Go and Ware Ware both on the DS which are amazing unquie games that can be done no where else. All I see on PSP are games that are also on PS2 or could be on any other machine out there. I'm not saying that it's not a sexy machine, but it definitally is not original at this point.
    Once again, opinion as fact bullshit. Yoshis Touch N Go is one long running level of drawing clouds and tapping enemies. It feels more like a M64DS mini game than an actual "fleshed out" video game. I havent played Wario Ware DS, but from what I hear thus far, it is in no way a "system seller".

That I can make my own opinions and think for myself without letting other people's opinions alter my own? Yes.
    Way to completely ignore what I said.

What the hell are you talking about?
    I still stand by my statement in a prior thread that this is just an easy way in getting out of pressure. So here, Geen, let me spell it out in crayon for you. NINTENDO NO LONGER OWNS THE MARKET PLACE. THEY MAKE GIMMICKY SHIT AND MARKET IT AS UNIQUE. IT. IS. NOT.

This has nothing to do with anything, so why even bring it up? I also doubt it sold poorly, although I really don't care as I'm playing video games and not following the stock market or video game politics.
    Sure it does. Mario Kart Double Dash was the latest Mario Kart. The same series in which you said "Of course I can only speak for myself, but Mario Kart online is more appealing than anything Microsoft or Sony has brought to the online table thus far and the first step to seeing some of my favorite games come online in the future." If the sales from the latest title are any indication, people are getting burned out on the whole kart racing formula. I know I would probably enjoy this game, like I said: too little, too late.

And Mario Kart is going to be online later this year, so what's the difference? Is this even a race? Who the fuck cares? Mario Kart + Online = Yayness! What more of a dicussion is there to this?
    I don't know. You're the only one that seems to be defending Nintendo. Maybe we should be saying the same thing to you?

Edit: I made this edit about 10 minutes ago, but then TNL shitted on me. I apologize, but I was talking about Mario Kart: Double Dash the whole time. The GCN game.
    Last edited by FM Nick; 03 Apr 2005 at 04:00 PM.

4. All I see is a bunch of "well, sales figures say people don't care about this or that anymore". Good. Great. So what. That's not "defending Nintendo" that's "defending being at least halfway intelligent". Someone should make a sticky "People don't care about Nintendo like they used to" and that'd be that.

It's like soccer fans. They always champion their sport because it's the most popular, but a) no one likes them and b) everyone wants to kick their heads in. And ironically, c) soccer is garbage.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 03 Apr 2005 at 03:53 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Geen
    This has nothing to do with anything, so why even bring it up? I also doubt it sold poorly, although I really don't care as I'm playing video games and not following the stock market or video game politics.
    While I am certainly first in line to defend the PSP and point out the DS's current shittiness, Jesus christ, why can't more of you douche bags think like this? This arguement happens in just about every thread here, and I can never understand why, because for some reason so many of you like to pretend like you're big marketing executives, falling back on sales figures and what is cool or trendy in the market as to justify your opinions. Let your fucking opinions justify your opinions.

And, for the record, Mario Kart: Super Circuit has sold several million copies, and iirc, is one of if not the best selling GBA title released (single title, not Pokemon combos).
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

6. I don't see the difference between rehashes and gimmicks or sports games updated every year and floods of generic FPS games that makes buying the second set less 'sucks to be you' than the first.

Give this shit a rest. Geen likes his stuff and doesn't seem to be doing anything other than explaining his rationale. Which is much more respect than I'd give 75% of you. He's not trying to convert you - get over it.

Oh, and Sony's online setup was a joke; Nintendo's didn't exist; and only MS did it right this generation. So shut the hell up about Nintendo being 'behind on the times' unless you're willing to get that Bias Stick out of your ass and admit Sony was just as guilty. Rule of thumb: if you couldn't do it like MS did, you failed at online. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. Give this shit a rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    I don't see the difference between rehashes and gimmicks or sports games updated every year and floods of generic FPS games that makes buying the second set less 'sucks to be you' than the first.

Give this shit a rest. Geen likes his stuff and doesn't seem to be doing anything other than explaining his rationale. Which is much more respect than I'd give 75% of you. He's not trying to convert you - get over it.

Oh, and Sony's online setup was a joke; Nintendo's didn't exist; and only MS did it right this generation. So shut the hell up about Nintendo being 'behind on the times' unless you're willing to get that Bias Stick out of your ass and admit Sony was just as guilty. Rule of thumb: if you couldn't do it like MS did, you failed at online. Period.
    You're doing the same thing. STFU.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

LOL Guest
    No one expected anything other than a Sony-level effort in Nintendo getting online. They couldn't even do that. The problem is, they didn't go online because they said we didn't want it. However, while lots of people complain about how slow they're taking to adopt this online shit that started all the way back with Doom, I'm sure no one, even anti-online types, would have complained if Nintendo put a half-assed online effort into their games. They just don't get anything anymore. I can't wait for Mario Baseball.

It's not about who did what better, it's about who's still relevant and with the times. Nintendo's second to last behind SNK with regards to their influence and relevance in this industry, and even SVC Chaos was online.

9. edit: recinded because Kano makes sense.
    Last edited by Hero; 03 Apr 2005 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

LOL Guest
    Jesus Christ you still put quotes around single words after all these years.