Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm an ancient tool that forgot how Diablo worked.

I'm an ancient tool that forgot how Diablo worked.

Ok, so I've got Diablo. I've never uninstalled it because it takes up like 0 space. I've lost the cdkey and my gf wants to play so I'm going to need to find out what it is before I give it to her. Any ideas?

This is a legit copy but I'll take unorthodox solutions.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 08 Apr 2005 at 02:06 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Punch your girlfriend in the face and tell her to stop asking for stupid shit.

3. The first Diablo? Isn't it about time to upgrade to 2000's Diablo II? It's not exactly pocketbook breaking, either.

I own Diablo 2 and the expansion, but fuck it, that game's awful in my opinion.

All that's around now is info for DII stuff. I suppose I could dig oh so deep into my pockets and scrape up 10 bucks for another copy, but I'd still like to recover my cd-key in case I get a new machine.

I'm confused too, I found my case, but the cd key isn't written on it. Did the keys used to come on the boxes?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. Did you check inside the case? I never owned Diablo so i have no idea where they put it, but its usually on the cd case somewhere.

6. How is DII worse than the first? That's crazy talk. And the cd key should be on the cd case.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 08 Apr 2005 at 12:52 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    How is DII worse than the first? That's crazy talk. And the cd key should be on the cd case.
    Its not. I just found my CD and case, and the CD key isnt there.

This reminds me of the fact that my Record of Lodoss War (DC) disc dissapeared. I have the case but no fucking clue where the CD went. It blows, because thats one of the 3 or so DC games still worth playing.

DII = too long, too repetitive, too boring. Boring landscapes, boring missions. Fighting in a wide open dessert isn't as tense as fighting in cramped corridors with doors and shit.
    And all the fucking enemies came back the second you left an area.

D1 had a good..mood. The church was badass. And it was just long enough without feeling like a chore. You can blow through it in one sitting. I'dve liked a few more quests and named baddies, but just a few.

Diablo II is packaged tedium enshrouded in the trappings of D1. WoW would bore me in the same way, but there's just a little extra to do, or a higher level of player interaction, and I suppose a desire to see the dungeons and battlegrounds and raid events that keeps me in it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

9. I still have the original box that DIablo came in, and I didn't find anything with a CD key in it. Kind of makes me wonder how the hell I installed it in the first place.

You might want to check google for a CD Key generator or something. Now I dont mean to violate TNL's policies and whatnot, but since you DO own a legit copy of the game, and it is like 6-7 years old, I don't see any harm in doing that.

LOL Guest
    If I remember correctly, there is no Diablo CDkey, which would make this whole thread pointless.