Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Superman Returns

1. yes. It's un-American to dislike Superman.

Adol is French.

3. Incorrect, I'm poor white trash.

4. *looks at trailer*

They kept the Williams music. Awesome. Could be good. But Christopher Reeves was a damn good Superman, and he litterally was Clark Kent. Gonna' be a tough act to follow, but I'll give it a view.

5. SUPERMAN'S MOVIE TEAM MOVES TO COMICS
    Think of them as Superman: The Missing Years….without Superman.

Stretching his director’s chair to reach across two mediums, Bryan Singer, along with Superman Returns screenwriters Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris will take steps into comics in June with the release of four Superman Returns specials, filling in events not covered by the movie, and, perhaps more importantly, bridge the years-long gap between Superman II and Superman Returns.

Got that? Right – after Superman II, Superman left earth (and apparently retconned Superman III and IV clean out of existence), and in the forthcoming Superman Returns, he…returns, making the new movie a direct sequel to the 1980 film starring Christopher Reeve.

The move of bringing screenwriters in to handle the comic adventures of the same character isn’t altogether new for DC – in 1989, Batman co-writer Sam Hamm wrote the three part “Blind Justice” arc in Detective Comics #598-#600. (Blade screenwriter David Goyer wrote the comic adaptation of the 1998 New Line film version of the Marvel character as well).

The four specials (which are scripted by other writers) are:

Superman Returns: Krypton To Earth

Story by Bryan Singer, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris
    Script by Jimmy Palmiotti & Justin Gray
    Art by John Byrne
    Cover by Adam Hughes

Produced in conjunction with Superman Returns director Bryan Singer and screenwriters Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris, four astonishing one-shots bridge the gap between Superman II and Superman Returns!

In the first, revisit the Man of Steel’s origins and see the first glimmers of what has transpired since he left the Earth at the end of Superman II!
    On sale June 7 - 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Superman Returns: Ma Kent

Script by Marc Andreyko
    Art by Karl Kerschl
    Cover by Adam Hughes

In this second special conceived by Brian Singer and illustrated by Karl Kerschl (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN), learn how the woman who raised the Man of Tomorrow has lived since her son’s disappearance!
    On sale June 14 - 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Superman Returns: Lex Luthor

Script by Jimmy Palmiotti & Justin Gray
    Art by Rick Leonardi
    Cover by Adam Hughes

Writers Jimmy Palmiotti & Justin Gray (MANHUNTER) is joined by artist Rick Leonardi (NIGHTWING) for a special focusing on Lex Luthor! In a world suddenly without a Superman, how does the Man of Steel’s greatest foe prove his genius?
    On sale June 21 - 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Superman Returns: Lois Lane

Script by Mark Andreyko
    Art by Wellington Dias
    Cover by Adam Hughes

Lois Lane is the focal point of this special illustrated by Wellington Dias (Touch). She loved Superman, and then he left, seemingly forever. Relive the romance and gain insight into what she’s been doing in the Man of Steel’s absence!
    On sale June 28 - 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

6. Quote Originally Posted by adol
    I dislike Superman. Is that weird?
    A lot of people dislike Superman, but that's before they actually get in to it. They think him being indestructable is "boring" because he can't die. The interesting parts of Superman have always been and will always be the relationships between the characters around him (them with one another, and Clark). This aspect of his comic is almost second to none in the classic comic book genre (Spiderman gives him a run for the crown).

p.s. I don't really hate comic books.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 14 Mar 2006 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I never liked X-Men either. I was more of a Spider-Man kid. And He-Man.
    I still may see this movie, though. I always thought the old Chris Reeves movies were horrid, this looks like a minor improvement.

8. Amazing leaked footage!!!http://youtube.com/watch?v=XLbHFQPmH4E

9. That was fucked up.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"