Page 1 of 73 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Superman Returns

1. Superman Returns

So all the gears are in place and the film started shooting a few weeks ago. The cast is all finalized who are:

Brandon Routh as Superman/Clark Kent

Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor

Frank Langella as Perry White

Sam Huntington as Jimmy

James Marsden as Richard White (Perry's son and Lois's past love interest)

So far from what I see it's a very respectable cast with just Routh having to prove his acting chops with this film and I hope he nails it.

Over at www.Bluetights.net there are several video blogs done by Bryan Singer with very interesting footage of the wire rigs, the Kent Farm and a certain crashed spaceship

John Ottoman is doing the score for the film with Singer who collaborate alot and are good friends. From what I hear, he's going to keep the brilliant John Williams Superman theme but make it a bit less dated than how it usually sounded in the first movies (Superman and Superman 2) so here's hoping for the best that it sounds good.

This along with Batman and Fantastic Four are my most anticipated superhero flicks with X3 falling not too far behind once we get more info and casting/pics on the film.
    Last edited by Will; 15 Jul 2005 at 06:36 PM.

2. I'm more partial to Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain replaying their roles for this, but I guess this cast looks as good. (Kevin Spacey as Luthor? HOLY SHIT!)

It's too bad nobody will ever top Margot Kidder as Lois, she was obviously born just to play that role.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. ha, Kevin Spacey. Hope it turns out well. Singer's the man so the potential is there.

4. I've read things about the story and I dont like where its going

I also really dont like their casting for lois not in the least

Im really picky with Superman he's my favorite Superhero ever

Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    I'm more partial to Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain replaying their roles for this, but I guess this cast looks as good.

you and me both there

personally I thought Cain and Hatcher did a good Job portraying the characters

but then again I think the Ideal Superman characters are the ones set up by Byrne right after the restart of Crisis on Infinite Earths

to me that is the definitive Superman and any thing created using him should be based around that era
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Spacey?

PERFECT.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

6. I don't like Hugh Laurie very much (something about his voice), but the casting for all of these characters is right on the money. The woman looks like Lois Lane with blonde hair, and I'm guessing they'll have her dye it for this film.

Good stuff.

The Batman Returns cast owns it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    I've read things about the story and I dont like where its going

I also really dont like their casting for lois not in the least

Im really picky with Superman he's my favorite Superhero ever
    It looks like Bryan is doing a Superman film using the continuity of the first two Superman films making this a sort of Superman 3 which I guess is why the cast bears some resemblance to the original.

I mean seriously, look at how close Brandon and Christopher look:

I noticed Brandon has the same birthday as me, weird. Anyway here's a piece of the story synopsis:

"The film starts off with Superman having been missing for six years. Also, the Kryptonian production design element will be almost identical to the first film - so expect Krypton and the Fortress of Solitude to be very much the slanted ice crystal motif we've all been used to."

Kate as Lois I didn't like when I first heard it but we'll see how she does the role because apparently she had great chemistry with Brandon. She's going to be dying her hair and wearing a wig though kind of like Kirsten Dunst when she was Mary Jane in the first Spiderman film so she'll probably look more the part when she's all done up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I don't like Hugh Laurie very much (something about his voice), but the casting for all of these characters is right on the money. The woman looks like Lois Lane with blonde hair, and I'm guessing they'll have her dye it for this film.

Good stuff.

The Batman Returns cast owns it though.
    Hugh Laurie's voice isn't really gruff enough to sound like Perry from the first two films but he plays a similar part in House. From what I saw in an article in one of those mags (Newsweek, Entertainment Weekly or some other) he might be opting out of this movie since FOX want's him back onboard for House next season which starts soon and will most likely clash with his Superman schedule. It sucks to hear because he's an interesting choice for the role.

And yeah the Batman Begins cast, aside from Sin City and a select few superhero films, is one of the best stable of actors I've seen in quite a while.
    Last edited by Will; 02 Apr 2005 at 03:28 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    It looks like Bryan is doing a Superman film using the continuity of the first two Superman films making this a sort of Superman 3 which I guess is why the cast bears some resemblance to the original.
    I mean seriously, look at how close Brandon and Christopher look:

Yeah that is what he's doing and that's one of my major problems with the movie

I'm sorry but I just DO NOT like the first superman movies in the LEAST

I think they Lois horribly wrong I mean god awful disgustingly horribly worst casting descion ever wrong, I think Reeves Superman is OK, all though I still say he's not big enough to be Superman, but his Clark Kent was atrocious, and there's alot of other little things I can't stand about those movies
    ohhhh make the earth spin the other way even though it's not the center of fucking anything it'll make all time go backwards that's an awesome idea (if anyone's sarcasim detector hasn't exploded by now, it was broken to begin with)

so I'm not happy about him making this Superman 3 bassicaly, and I also read Lois is going to allready have a kid at the start of the movie from some other guy, I just think that's a horrible idea, IMHO it doesn't fit her character

she's career driven she's not going to be a single mother, lois is the type that isnt going to have a kid till the last minute when shes in her late 30s and if it's anyone's it's gonna be fucking Clarks >

as you can tell I'm really not liking were this film is going

if he had just dropped any connection with the old ones and gotten guys like Byrne or even Jurgens (it was Jurgens right that was writing before during and after the whole death and return line) I think his name was Jurgens he was the head writer of the team doing all the super books then and they fucking rocked get a story from one of those 2 guys

personally i think they're the best writers to have ever handled Superman

I don't know how singer could do so well with the Xmen movies and then fuck up Superman
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    Spacey?

PERFECT.

Agreed.Wholeheartedly!

Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    I'm more partial to Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain replaying their roles for this
    Fuck NO! I mean Teri Hatcher is hot,and I wouldnt mind seeing her in pretty much anything - but her and Dean Cain need to stay as far away from the Superman mythos as possible. The Lois and Clark series was torturous to try and watch - seriously:

NO

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by ShinJohnpv
    and I also read Lois is going to allready have a kid at the start of the movie from some other guy, I just think that's a horrible idea, IMHO it doesn't fit her character

she's career driven she's not going to be a single mother, lois is the type that isnt going to have a kid till the last minute when shes in her late 30s and if it's anyone's it's gonna be fucking Clarks >
    I heard the same rumors, and I dont know why they felt she needed a son either....maybe to show she moved on with her life since Supes disappeared, but still ...Lois...a single mother?.....well hopefully that'll work out for the movie.That and Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth looking really young for the roles are the only things that worry me about this so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s2bolt.jpg 
Views:	1098 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	14892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s3-6-jsn-splain.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	14893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s3-7-ultrawoman.jpg 
Views:	979 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	14894  
    Last edited by Jetman; 02 Apr 2005 at 11:04 PM.

10. Jetman: All I'm getting for your pics is a KryptonSite logo, I don't think they like linking.

That cast looks pretty good overall and I agree that Spacey is perfect. But what I really want to see is how they're handling the Superman outfit and how it's going to look.