Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD Burner

1. I occationally use Nero. The real good shit is DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. And for converting avi's/divx movies for DVD burning I use DIKO.

2. Thanks. I'll see what else people have to say. Also..what about media? Whats the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R. Which is better?

3. My xbox and ps2 read my dvd-r's, but not DVD+R's.

4. I heard +R's tend to play back on more stuff, but I've never had a problem with -r's.

5. Hmmm...I heard it was the other way around.

DVD-R was the first DVD recording format released that was compatible with standalone DVD Players.
    DVD-R is a non-rewriteable format and it is compatible with about 93% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD+R is a non-rewritable format and it is compatible with about 89% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

6. buy Ritek/Ridata media. i use -r's myself but theres people that swear by +r. use dvd shrink (it needs the nero engine to burn). and flashing shouldnt be a concern unless it cant burn or read some media you have. you should be fine with what you got. i know theres some out there that let you change the bit setting and riplock but thats not necessary for what youre doing.

and ps. theres already like 25 other threads asking all the questions you did.

7. I dont think I'll be flashing unless I start getting coasters. I'll check into the Ridek/Ridata and the Tetsyu (spelling). I heard +R is good for those burners with bit settings. Usually the flashes contain the bit setting and stuff.