Thread: IGN : Xbox - "Slim" Design On The Way?

1. IGN : Xbox - "Slim" Design On The Way?

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Xbox

April 1, 2005 - As many of our astute readers first discovered on a Korean Xbox site, an all-new Xbox model code named the "Argonaut 7000" may possibly be in the works. Though Microsoft wouldn't officially confirm or deny the existence of such a system, we've dug up these exclusive shots of the new slim design.

The system, which may be called the Xbox Pocket (or Xocket), will officially hit stores on May 25th in North America and June 1 in Europe. The North American version should retail for approximately $149. Though internally similar to the original Xbox system we've seen before it, this new unit has been completely overhauled -- creating a slimmer, lighter version of the world's most powerful home console. Overall, the internal volume of the system has been reduced by 3% and the weight of the device has been reduced by 2.5%, and the thickness of the system has been trimmed by almost 3 millimeters. Its overall size is around that of your typical desktop PC, making it almost portable.

The new model fits snugly in the front pocket of your pants, and at a moments notice can be packed up and whisked away to a LAN party or a friend's house. With the system architecture so dramatically reduced, some people speculate that by simply adding a standard flip-top 19 inch lcd screen, Microsoft would have a handheld system worthy of competing with the PSP.

By attaching a car battery or small gas generator to the Xocket, it could easily outlast the PSP battery life by more than 30-45 minutes. It looks like the world of handheld gaming may never be the same.
    (Yes, I know. April Fool's Day has come and gone, but I thought it was funny.)

2. Wow, that is hilarious.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

3. I think i'd be cool if they redesigned it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    I think i'd be cool if they redesigned it.
    No, you'd probably still suck.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Wow, that is hilarious.
    IGN sucks and this thread sucks.

My skin is starting to clear up. Surprisingly, it was a lady from my work that reccommended Head & Shoulders, of all things, for my face. That, combined with a mild oil controlling lotion and I'm starting to see some surprising improvements.

This regimen does not come without it's consequences, though. Unless my skin gets used to this constant dryness, I may have to stop. I would now like to say that Vanessa Williams is a liar, and Proactiv should not be promoting itself as the "cure" for cystic acne. I have very moderate to mild acne and that shit did nothing. $90 down the drain just because I watched "Soul Food" a few years back. Sheesh.

Now listening to: Nellie McKay - Ding Dong

6. heh, funny
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    No, you'd probably still suck.
    ha, I'm keeping it.